What speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 18
I was wondering which set of floor standing fronts would go well with my set-up. My set-up currently consists of a H/K 430 reciever, athena as-c1 (center) and athena MS satelittes for the fronts and rears (currently a 5.1 set-up). I'm looking for a pair of floor standing speakers to replace the MS but I really want a fluid front soundstage and equal voice. I know I should go with the athena as-f1.2, but these are hard to find at a value price. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Bronze Member
Username: Iceberg

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 41
budget?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6798
Have you checked out audioadvisor.com. I believe they have the best prices on Athenas.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 369
BestPriceAudioVideo and OneCall have restrictive return policies.

www.audioadvisor.com is a better company to deal with. They don't list the AS-F1 but I believe they do carry it. Give them a call.

Bronze Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 19
lol,

My budget is not very high. Im looking to spend $400 at the most (I'm in medical school). So if any of you guys have any suggestions, feel free to leave them :-).

Ben

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6831
A set of budget speakers for the starving student.

Go here

http://www.fluance.com/

I've given these as gifts for a few of my nephews in college. They think it's just the best thing in their dorms.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3691
Ben, for $400 shipped you can get the Athena AS-F2.2 from audioadvisor ... well worth the money.

Bronze Member

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 20
Everyone, thank you very much for your insight. Your advice is greatly appreciated! I believe that my best bet is to go with the Athena AS-F2.2 series. Since the F2.2's are voice matched, they will bring uniformity to my system :-). Again I thank all you you guys!

Ben
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us