TV Audio Outputs

Username: Jammin918

Post Number: 1
Trying to help out my parents hook up their receiver to their TV, but the TV they bought does not have any audio outputs (2 sets AV inputs only). They wont buy another TV and I was wondering if thereis anything out there that they can use to hook the TV they have to their receiver? Any help greatly appreciated. Thnks

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1008
What other components do they have? They most likely have a cablebox, dvd player, and/or a vcr.
Hook up the audio outputs of these to the receiver.

Post Number: 2
If I hook the audio outputs from the VCR, DVD Player or the Cablebox to the receiver will the television sound play through the receiver? I've never hooked up like that before. I will try it in the meantime. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 407
Jamin: if the audio and video program is coming through your VCR/DVD and/or Cable/Satellite box, and you connect those devices to your receiver and then your television to the receiver, then the receiver will be playing your VCR/DVD/Cable box and sending the same audio and video information on to your TV.

So, to answer your question... yes. That's if you're not using the internal "tuner" in your television.

You see, you're not playing the "television" sound through the receiver... you're playing your DVD/VCR/Cable box through your receiver. You could also hook up the audio output from the receiver to your television so that the audio from the receiver (coming from the DVD/VCR/Cable box) will play through the speakers on your television.

Post Number: 3
Thank you both for your help!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us