Advice

Username: Kerwoo

Holland Landing, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
While researching HT Receivers I noticed onr feature the Onkyo line have is "Intellivolume."
This feature allows you to adjust input levels to even out volume differentials.
Can anybody advise me if any other Brands have this same feature?

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7820

Decades ago it was a fairly common item on better equipment. Back then it was done with trim pots and human intelligence. It is occasionally found on higher priced gear today. There's not too much need since the digital sources of today all output more or less the same voltage. Unless you are running a turntable, there shouldn't be extreme differences in level between most sources. As a rule, any circuit which makes a decision for you can often be viewed with suspicion as to what it is doing to the signal in other ways.

Username: Kerwoo

Holland Landing, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Right now I have an older Kenwood VR-410. It has been excellent, except when changing between inputs their is quite a difference.
I.E. FM-Loud
DVD-Soft
Cable Box-Normal
Etc.
Can you see what I mean?
Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7823

None unless you wish to install a trim pot in line with the louder sources.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1582
Kerwood, the older receiver isn,t expecting the varied inputs which it is now seeing.
Just that way.
New stuff expects all that jazz and is ready to trip or gain for somewhat more level delivery.
With questionable electronics in the path, yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us