Bose speakers

Username: Jcolello

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 1
Can I use my existing Bose speakers used in the Acoustamas system on another receiver?

My Bose Lifestyle 12 system is failing and I would like to use the Bose speakers I have on something other than a new Bose system.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 791
if you have the lifestyle system, you can not use the speakers with a reciever without blowing them without the module (I won't call it a sub). There is a crossover in the "acousticrap" module to keep the lows out of the cubes. Being that the module that comes with the lifestyle system is not compatible with a reciever, you are screwed.

you are better off just getting rid of the bose system entirely. You can do much better.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 797
sorry for being so rude, but this post constantly comes up in some form or another. Since I have been a member here, I think it has come up roughly once a month.

just do your research on it. Dig around in the forum archives.

Username: Armyscout42

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 10
mr. colello try klegg audio, orb, anthony gallos for small but great sounding HT'S...
if you want to do better. Even getting a fluance ht system is better than your bose acoustimass.
There are so many better affordable systems.
For the price you pay for acoustimass you can BIC HT SYSTEM which similiar to KLIPSCH design.
These are all within range of what you pay for on the lifestyle or acoustimass stuff. Bose is way overpriced and over marketed. They use cheap drivers. The bose 901's and 701's are their only half decent systems and those aren't worth their price either, it's only worth more than half the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us