B&K Question

Username: Nicseb

Post Number: 1
Hello out there. Just came across this site--very cool. I am hoping someone can share some knowledge. I am thinking of starting a new (and long awaited) home theatre with the B&K AVR505 S2 with either the JMlab 816 speakers (with a velodyne SPL1000rb sub woofer). The other speaker choice is a more expensive Atlantic Technology 6200 system. Its a big room and I am a little new at this. Any words of wisdom?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 782
the B&K is a fine AVR, and would be one of my top choices for an AVR.

JMlab also make great speakers as well.

Username: Nicseb

Post Number: 2
Thanks, that is helpful. I have seen some chatter on this board about whether a certain receiver compliments a certain set of speakers. Maybe this is a naive question, but does the B&K compliment the JMlabs (or vice versa)? Also, ever heard (or eard of) the Atlantic Technology speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 784
I can't recall hearing Atlantic Tech. speakers in recent memory.

BUT:

here are some more brands that you might want to consider as well:

MartinLogan (electrostatic)
Magnepan
Von Schweikert
Paradigm Reference (also called Paradigm Studio)
Paradigm Signature
Mirage
Thiel
Revel
B&W

there are lots of other manufacturers as well, but these all have a distinct and unique sound to them. Some you will love, and some you will possibly hate.

I just threw this list out because you admitted that you were new at this. Just continue to look around. Don't settle down on a manufacturer just yet, although the B&K is a reciever that I would JUMP on personally (I think its great).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us