No Power to Sub

Username: Blatheirons

Post Number: 1
I just bought an Infinity SW-12. I got home, plugged it in, and got nothing. The red light came on at first, but without sound. Now I got nothing, no lights, sound or...fog. The sub is a replacement, I simply unplugged the old sub, and plugged the new one in in its place. Pioneer Reciever, standard RCA sub-out. The old one still works fine if I swap it back. Is there a fuse that could have blown inside the box?
FYI - The on-off switch is in the on position, and it is plugged into a standard grounded outlet.

Also, I would have just taken the sub back for replacement, but I bought it out of town, to make matters worse, it was the last one, on clearance and I got a great deal on it. so returning it may mean that i'm out of luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 2
Well, I am sure everyone that replied to my post is on the edge of their seats waiting to see what the status is.

Well, I took the amp off the back,(Infinity makes it as difficult as possible to replace the fuse) the fuse was blown, I replaced it and it just blew immediately after plugging it in...Great! So I'll just have to return it. 600 miles and a couple weeks from now, I should have my money back. Which leads me to my next question...Which I will make another topic for. If I get half the feedback and constructive help on this new post as I did on this one, I should be in good shape.
Thanks,
Billy Blatheirons IV

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7776

Gee, Bryan, your patience makes us look forward to helping you with your next question. Sometimes things just go unanswered here, B. Sorry, that's the way the fuse blows.

Post Number: 5
I understand that. The follow up post was all in fun. My question was a little too broad for most anyone to accuratly answer anyway, I was just hoping for a miracle.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 798
it just takes a little patience...

good luck with your new purchase whatever it may be!

may I suggest HSU research?

www.hsuresearch.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us