Simple question please help

Username: Ninatron

Post Number: 1
I am trying to connect my laptop to my stereo, i have 2 jack leads as they suggested i get in the shop. however my speakers are seperate to my stereo, is it still possible? how do i connect to speakers?

Unregistered guest
Help! My AKAI TV screen would flicker, my mom pressed something in the remote and after that, screen would go from bright to dark every once in a while..

Bronze Member
Username: N8d1

Baltimore

Post Number: 42
nin man, do you have RCA outs (red and white) on your laptop? If so, use those. If not, you most likely have a mini plug (1/8"). This may just be your headphone jack which is fine too. You can get a cable that has a mini plug on one end and RCAs connectors on the other (make sure they are female). Then, get an ordinary audio RCA cable and run it to your receiver. You should be able to use pretty much any input it offers (maybe not phono).

Bronze Member

Baltimore

Post Number: 43
nin man, do you have RCA outs (red and white) on your laptop? If so, use those. If not, you most likely have a mini plug (1/8"). This may be your headphone out which is fine to use too. You can get a cable that has a mini plug on one end and RCAs connectors on the other (make sure they are female). Then, get an ordinary audio RCA cable and run it to your receiver. You should be able to use pretty much any input it offers (maybe not phono).

Bronze Member

Baltimore

Post Number: 44
analyn, you hijacked this post. Please start a new one.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1229
nin man, take the interconnect you bought at the shop, plug it into your stereo system which powers your speakers. If you don't have a stereo system and the speakers are ordinary speakers, then you're stuffed. If your speakers are powered then you should be able to simply plug them straight into your laptop.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us