Anyone recommend Outlaw Audio Components?

NJ_Bert
Unregistered guest
Does anyone recommend the Outlaw Audio receivers or Pre/pro's? I've been looking at the 1070 receiver or the 990 Pro/Pro with either the 7075 or 7125 amp. I'm going to use it to power a stereo system with the intention of upgrading to an home theater system soon. I'm leaning towards separates for now.

Also, any recommendations for speakers (small sized but have excellent detail)?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 68
NJ,

Outlaws are very neutral and excellent. Any of those combination above should be good, of course the best one would be the 990/7125 combo, which I recommend.

For speakers with great detail and that matches well with the Outlaws, check out the Epos ELS3, Epos M5, Dynaudio Audience 42, Dynaudio Audience 52, or Audience 52SE.

Might want to check out Totem Rainmaker and Paradigm Studio 20v3

Good luck and happy auditioning.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6569
NJ,
I have the Outlaws and I highly recommend them. I like their pre/pros and the M-blocks for each channel.

What is your budget for speakers?

Was there ever anyone who asked for speakers and preferred it to be dull and totally void of detail? LOL

John Wagner
Unregistered guest
The 990/7125 combo is right up there with the best on the market! Look at some of the reviews on their web site www.outlawaudio.com I listen to mostly Music and just ordered their RR2150 stereo receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6570
JW...please do not comment on things you have absolutely no idea. You get your conclusions based on reviews, magical potions and data from the 3rd dimension.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1490
Bleeder, I'm from Missouri.or whatever.
Show me.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 982
"I listen to mostly Music..."

...and the voices in your head...

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 246
The Outlaw products are excellent. They're absolute bargains when you consider what you get.

NJ_Bert
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the feedback on the Outlaws.

Berny,
Do you think I could find very drab and muddy sounding pair of speakers for around $2,000? You're right....no one would intentionally want to buy lousy speakers. Then again, I've heard some systems that some people swear sounds so good and come away wondering what they were thinking.

My budget is between $1,000-2,000 for a pair of speakers. I'm setting this up in a living room and I'm a little tight on space (the furniture took up a little more room than I thought), so I didn't want anything too large. I'm sticking with a 2 channel system for now and will eventually expand to 5 or 7 channels.

I was going to check out some of the brands Elderion mentioned too.

John Wagner
Unregistered guest
I found this over on the Outlaw forum, Damn this RR2150 is goooooooooood! http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/17/t/000031.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 6581
NJ,
I think that Elderion has a great selection of speakers already. But if you can fit in an audition with Sonus Faber Domus, you may find it to your liking. Small enough and strikingly well detailed. don't forget to bring your own material for the audition...very important.

Now I have to look for drab and muddy speakers for that price, just so I can make the recommendation when asked :-)

Have fun on your quest!

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 247
If you can do a small floorstanding speaker, the Totem Arro is an exceptional speaker whose performance far exceeds it's size. I just A/Bed the Arro and the Rainmaker (mentioned above) a couple of days ago, and as good as the Rainmaker is the Arro is better. More detailed, much more accurate tonal balance, and it should really like the good clean power of the Outlaw components.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 984
"Now I have to look for drab and muddy speakers for that price, just so I can make the recommendation when asked"

Berny -
Their are a lot of speakers that fit that bill, but they one-up it by having more holes in their frequency response than a 10lb block of Swiss Cheese. - Bose

Gold Member

Post Number: 6593
Swiss Cheese must feel insulted:-) Perhaps the Swiss, even.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1507
Or JBL, the swiss hockey team was good, though.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1508
Honestly, I heard the Studio 20's only once, and in a room with other stuff playing.
They REALLY stood out.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 707
NJ Bert:

Just how small is your room? Makes a difference when suggesting speakers . . .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us