Paradigm SA-35 Overkill for Surrounds?

Username: Roland61970

Post Number: 1
Currently running Studio 40 main, cc-470 center, sa-25 surrounds. Seismic sub. Looking to go 7.1. Thinking upgrading surrounds to 35s and moving 25s to back, or do I go with another set of 25s? Room is long and narrow 12x25, plenty of space and power available.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 719
honestly, do you plan on running them full range? That is the defining question. They should be ran full range.

If so, they will be perfect surrounds IMHO as long as you don't place them too close to the back wall.

I myself advocate the use of larger speakers for surrounds when the space and budget calls for it. But, in yor case, you have them already.

Give them a try, if you don't like it, you know what to do!

Post Number: 2
I would run them full, but my main worry would be that they would overshadow the 40s. I was thinking the 25s might be better match all around and closer to the 40s sensitivity and response wise.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 724
well... you don't know until you try it :-)

if you don't like it you can swap them out. That was what my post was hinting at. If the level is set correctly, they won't overpower your mains.

Post Number: 3
That's my problem. Kind of an expensive experiment.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 725
oh...sorry!

didn't read that corectly the first time. I thought you already had the speakers!

In that case, I would simply match what you have, and go with another set of 25's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us