Any advice on combining electrostatic Mains with non-ES Center?

Unregistered guest
Has anyone ever heard electrostatic mains with a NON-electrostatic center? I may have to create my Home Theater with Martin Logan electrostatic Mains and a Martin Logan Script center (the Script is not electrostatic.)

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have heard any similar setup? I know everyone recommends having electrostats for all 3 front speakers, but I am dealing with space (and wife) constraints.
Thanks!
joelsweat@gmail.com
California

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 713
um...

the script IS an electrostatic speaker, It is a wall mounted electrostatic speaker, so I have no clue what you plan on using there.

If you are using MartinLogan mains, you will screw yourself out of a cohesive soundfield if you try to do mix and match here! DO NOT DO IT! The best advice I can give you here is to talk to a MartinLogan dealer, or call the company itself.

if you have space constraints, ML makes speakers that use slightly different drivers ,but still work on similar principals of electrostatics (thin film drivers that use magnets instead of a static charge) these are called ATF speakers, and are outstanding, and will match your ML's wonderfully. They are also MUCH less costly.

The models that I am referring to are the Fresco and Vignette. go to www.martinlogan.com and check them out!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us