2 channel amp

Username: Icmenu

Jackson, Tn USA

Post Number: 9
I am in the market for a 2 channel amp. I have around 600-750 bucks to spare for the amp. I am wanting 125 watts rms @ 8 ohms.. I am not looking for any other power ratings. Any suggestions would be great. I have considered NAD and Adcom. I have never purchased an amplifier seperate before, so I have no knowledge what so ever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 959
What kind of help are you looking for? Their are a lot of companies that make amps in those ranges - NAD, Adcom, Rotel, and B&K come to mind. I think Odyssey makes one as well, but they are internet direct.

With a seperate amp, you need a pre-amp or processor, depending on the application. A receiver or integrated amp can me used as long as it has pre-amp outputs.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 848
You can save considerable money by going to audiogon.com to look at their classified ads for used amplifiers.

Username: Icmenu

Jackson, Tn USA

Post Number: 10
Well Stu. I was just kinda wanting a list of namebrands, possibly sites, or anything of help on picking and comparing amplifiers. I know only a few amplifier makers, so I wanted to get a few more name brands that I could research.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2820
You've looked at Adcom and NAD, here are a couple of other possibilities.

http://buy0.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl?ampstran&1&ctg&st1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us