Anyone using 2 integrateds for 4.1

Bronze Member
Username: Bvan

Cape Town, Copenhagen,...

Post Number: 77
i'm thinking this might be the ideal purist multichannel setup(if you dont want to use a centre speaker)

if the amps are identical and you level match on the player then there should be no problems as far as i see? provided you use the remote to controll gain.

and you loose the option of bass management.

i'm thinking of eventually flogging my arcam a85 which has a multichannel preamp board fittted, in favour of 2x naim nait5i.

is there maybe something i'm overlooking. anyone else tried this type of setup?

cheers

b.

Username: Summit

Post Number: 4
how about using two NAD c352? It have 2 pre-outs so you can link both and still have 1 spare pre-out that you can use for the sub or .1 plus the 4 speaker terminals. That should now be 4.1? I actually hoping this setup for a stereo mode for bi-amping since its the only thing i can buy at my place and c352 have excellent user feedbacks and reviews.

Bronze Member
Username: Bvan

Cape Town, Copenhagen,...

Post Number: 87
thanks for the suggestion.

if i do it i'll probably use 2x nait5i or unico. but the 352 is a good amp, owned one last year. why not get the 370 rather than bi-amp with two 352's? have you got really inefficient speakers that one 352 is not enough? its drives most speakers easilly.

cheers

b.

Username: Summit

Post Number: 7
Im just hoping to delve into bi-amp sometime in the future. Since budget is tight, i have to plan my purchases ahead of time. I just about to buy my first c352. So maybe i'll explore that 370 later when i have the itch and budget to upgrade my not yet bought c352 (which i will within the next two weeks, hopefully.)

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2838
Sorry I didn't get to your question when you emailed me Roderick. I've been involved in a home remodel and only have brief moments to look at the forum. I've not heard of biamping with 2 NAD integrated's. Bridging 2 for high power mono operation yes, but not biamping. So in other words I'm not sure as I am not using NAD gear anymore since I discovered tubes. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us