Paradigm Studio 60's, cc-470 and SA-15R opinions...

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 76
I am putting together a system for my living room in my new house I just bought. After doing some research I think this would be a nice setup. From a size stand point, my room is about 16W x 18D. I plan on putting the In-Ceiling speakers in for the rears because it will look better. Do you think this room is large enough for the Studio 60's or should I maybe consider the Studio 40's or 20's? I was also thinking about getting a 2-Channel amp, probably the Rotel RB-1070 for the front l/r's and just using a receiver (not sure which one) for powering the center and rears. Is it ok to do it this way? I am new to the home audio world, sorry. From a cost and simplicity stand point, if I went with the Studio 40's or 20's would it be ok to power them with a high quality receiver or should I use an amp either way? Also, which Paradigm sub would complement this system well? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Ryan

Bronze Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 54
Ryan,

Art and Gavin are Paradigm experts, but I will help you out as best I can until they chime in.

If you go with the Studio 40, don't forget the cost for the stands. The cost of the 40's w/stand might come close to the Studio60. Then it's much better getting the Studio60, if you have room (IMO).

As far as pairing the Rotel 1070 with a receiver, that should be ok depending on your receiver. Your center channel will be doing 70% of the work in HT so a good clean power source here is important.

As far as sub, I would look into Hsu, SVS, Rel, or Velodyne.

Username: Blues651

Il. United States

Post Number: 6
Ryan, the 60's and 40's are basically the same speaker and by the time you buy stands for the 40's they will cost about the same , that being said I personally think they both sound much better than the 20's and both should work well in your room. As far as an amp stand point, I think you should have your front 3 channels all sound matched, running off the same amp or the same type of amp, and you could power your back channels off the intergrated amp if you wish. So you could use a 1075 instead and bi-amp your front channels and use the unused channel for your center speaker. If money is no object the servo 15 will take those speakers to a new level, if money is of importance as it is to most of us the pw2200 will do a fine job.

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 77
Actually I got a chance to listen to the JMlab Chorus S line and liked them very much. I think I am going to go with this setup instead as I do to tend to like slightly brighter speakers. After doing some research I am going to get the 726 S, CC 700 S, IC 706 S and the SW 700 S. Then I think I am going to go with a NAD receiver and DVD player. Do you think the T753 would be a good choice for this setup or should I go with the T763? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us