Can this be fixed-Klipsch promedia 2.1 thx problem...

Bronze Member
Username: Cindarn

Columbus, IN USA

Post Number: 19
We bought Klipsch promedia 2.1 THX new and they have been great for about a year...Then we noticed problem with 1 speaker cutting out...and finally no sound at all. If we hold the cable going into the preamp input at a certain angle, we could sometimes get sound. Anybody have this problem..can I fix it?? How?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3643
conduction problem, you'll need to replace the cable...just a simple splice to a new cable should do it, use lots of electrical tape.

Bronze Member

Columbus, IN USA

Post Number: 20
Actually, I stated the problem incorrectly, according to my husband. I should have said when you wiggle the DIN plug at the subwoofer from the control sattelite preamp you sometimes got sound. Not wiggle the cable. He thinks the problem in the input jack. Do you still think it is the cable???

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1465
Firstly, tell the husband to shut up, YOU are doing the smart work.
And secondly, stop wiggling the defective rca, it will short the whole works.
Open the case, keep hubby away and resolder the loose connection.
You can do that.

Very simple resolder, a solder sucker will help, see radio shack for one.

It's easy.

Bronze Member

Columbus, IN USA

Post Number: 21
OK Nuke-Thanks and I will try that. Must be a fairly common problem... I looked at several auctions thinking we might buy a new pair and saw several people selling "as is" that described the same problem as mine.... Figured I might save myself a few bucks if I could fix them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us