Need help: good in-ceiling speakers?

Username: Stueyd

Post Number: 1
long time viewer, first time poster...

I'm looking to install new in-ceiling speakers for an office, master bedroom and bath and have had a difficult time finding good information to help with the decision.

The decision is really brand/make. The use will be for music exclusively and although we're not expecting to get audiophile performance, we do want a good quality sound.

1) Brand: I'm looking at the $300-450/pair range and am considering Russound, B&W and Paradigm (all in the 6.5" size range)...any comments about these or others that should be considered?

2) Bathroom: I'm thinking of using a dual voice coil for the bathroom but want to make sure the speaker can hold up to moisture. Any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and helping with what has turned out to be a difficult decision.

Best,
Stu

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6358
Look also at the Athena Architectural series.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 688
Klipsch also makes good in-ceiling speakers. Just make sure they are the reference series, and NOT the synergy series.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 689
also, can you put the speakers in the wall... or is it strictly in the ceiling? If the wall is an option, I would STRONGLY take a look at the MartinLogan line of in-wall speakers. They are the best that I have heard, and will compete with their high end audiophile quality floorstanders. I believe these are above your budget, but not by much! so if you can go this way, I would strongly reccomend checking them out.

http://www.martinlogan.com/ticket_speaker.html

Username: Rlr267

Post Number: 4
I agree with Gavin on the Klipsch line. I have auditioned the Klipsch and they are phenominal. My wife says they sound as good as the Gallo A'Diva Ti speakers we were considering, which can also be ceiling mounted. The advantage to the new Klipsch CDT line and the Gallo A'Diva or Micro speakers is that each can be aimed/tilted for best sound performance.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 804
some of the MartinLogans can be mounted ON the ceiling, not necessarily in it.

I just remembered that today.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us