Speakers for a live room

Username: Chuck_mason

Venice, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I think it's time for new speakers. I have had my Klipsch Heresy's for 25 years, but in this room they are too live (tile, bare walls, 20' ceiling,12'X30', speakers along the long wall). And the wife thinks they are too big.
OK.
I have not been 'into' audio since college, so too much has changed. Hell, Klipsch is now a big mass-market outfit!
My tube amp is 30 watts. I have slight tintinnitis, but still good hearing. I have many more jazz albums (remember those?) than rock. All genres, except the ultra pop junk.
What speakers should I look for in the $1000-$1500/pair range? Any other website? I want to get a good idea of what I want before I have to subject myself to stereo salesmen.

thank you

Venice, CA United States

Post Number: 2
Oh, I should say that I'm not opposed to buying a pair of used speakers. That $1000-1500 range expands a bit now!

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 603
klipsch isn't all mass market junk. They still make the heritage series, and the reference series is still pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7594

Very good products at extremely low prices; http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/products.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Tdogroeder

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 98
What kind of set are you wanting, 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1?

Bronze Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 99
What kind of set up do you want, 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1?

Venice, CA United States

Post Number: 3
I want just 2-channel stereo. I think. I go to theatres to watch movies.

Bronze Member

Des Moines, IA

Post Number: 100
There is a lot of good choices in that price range. Are you wanting floorstanding/tower speakers or bookshelf speakers?

Here are a few to look at:
Paradigm, B&W, Energy, Dynaudio, Focal-JMLab, etc. Go to some "special dealers" stores in home audio for better quality speakers, than your usual Besty Buy, Circuit City etc stores. You will find much better products away from stores like that. At least thats the way it is where I live.

John Wagner
Unregistered guest
Chuck, whatever speakers you do get be sure to try out two Clever Little Clocks in your system and find out what you have been missing out on all this time! http://www.machinadynamica.com I got mine over on http://www.audiogon.com for only $125.00 each....just click on tweaks.

dphantom-adrian c
Unregistered guest
Chuck,

There's a lot of choices within those price range...just like what TDog said just go to the special dealer store that carries special speakers...and from there you'll know which one is better for your choice. And if you find a store that has a setup similar what room you have at home then you have a good comparison.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us