ITunes and external harddrives

Username: Whanderpod

Post Number: 1
I recently filled up a 120 GB external harddrive with downloaded music (D Drive). iTunes was configured to use the D Drive as the "iTunes Music folder location." I purchased a new, larger (320 GB) harddrive to handle all of my music files (E Drive). I formatted and COPIED all of the files from the D to the E Drive.

Now I want iTunes to look to the E Drive for the data files for all of the music in the iTunes library. Therefore, I changed the iTunes folder location designation to the new E Drive. (The E Drive being an exact duplicate of the old D Drive.) iTunes then went through a lengthy library update. All the music files still show up in the iTunes library. The problem is iTunes is still reading the music files from the old D drive. For example when I select any of the songs in the iTunes library and look at the "Get Info", the file path is still pointing to the old D drive.

Does anyone know how to get iTunes to look to the new drive as the data files for the music files in the iTunes library? I am talking about over 100 GB of music and starting over to re-import all the music is not a practible option.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I also use the "let iTunes keep music files organized" option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us