Best In Wall Speakers

CJ Morea
Boston Acoustics, Klipsch, Sonance, Atlantic Technology. Is there an In-wall that compares to free-standing speakers?

Anonymous
I would like to repeat this same question. I am building a new home, and my wife (of course) feels that the best looking speaker is no visible speaker. Thus an "in wall" speaker seems like a solution. But are there any modestly priced (below $500) in wall speakers out there with decent sound quality - or would they be an inevitable source of sonic frustration? H.G.

Anonymous
There are many good inwalls. Don't expect the same imaging you can get with free standing speakers that you can adjust and toe-in. Look for bass response, de-coupling technology, and in some cases tuned back boxes or wall damping options that can improve sound quality and reduce noise transmission to other rooms. Brand preference is very subjective, just like free standing speakers.

I too am looking around and comparing wall speakers. THe monitor IW-s4 speakers I heard demo'd were awesome. They are about $800 a pair. This is above my budget so I am leaning toward the Klipsch RCW-5. These can be had for about $450 per pair off the Internet. I have not heard them demo'd but I know the Hardrock cafe's are using them now.

Anonymous
radio shack has some good basic in wall speakers
100w max. 61\2 sounds just as good

A4kenny
Just purchased 4 Boston Acoustic DSi480. Bass is excellent and overall range very natural sounding. Can handle up to 150W @ 8ohms. They normally sell for $550 a pair but got them for only $129 a pair at Good Guys (if you can still find any).

SteveP
Boston Acoustics, as mentioned above, are very good. Also I'd highly recommend M&K (Miller and Kreisel), all of whose speakers are excellent, including their in-wall ones.

If you had to select between the M&K's, BA's, Triad or NHT... which would you select???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us