Seperate Power Amps on Pioner Elite 74TXvi ???

Scott V.
Unregistered guest
I've FINALLY upgraded my old Sony TA-E1000ESD I bought in 1992. It has served well, but just too old :-( Since the Sony was just a control amp I have some power amps left, although I lost a couple, probably from moving 15 times since I got them :-)

My front mains are Cerwin Vega MX-400's, also bought in 1992. Those will be on my two remaining Sony TA-N330ES amps bridged to 300W mono, although they will never get near that level except for when listening to music in just stereo. Will have two other zones each with external amps as well (TA-N80ES and TA-N55ES).

So, here's the question. The Pioneer says it's 140w/ch. With the mains already off loaded to external amps, how well can the receiver keep up? For the remaining 4 surround speakers and the center channel, would I be better just staying with the receiver or going with additional external amps? I would most likely use the 330ES amps at 110w/ch and find a replacement for the mains. I know the watts per channel isn't everything, and the THD on the Sony amps is much better. Just wondering how big of a difference going from 140w to 110w would be even if it's cleaner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us