Has "Hawk" left the forum..

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 95
I check back here every so often to keep abreast of new stuff and peoples opinions on their equipment and just realized I haven't seen any posts from Hawk here in a long time.. He was always very helpful and I felt a wealth of info.. Has he left this forum or changed his user name??

just trying
Unregistered guest
God I remember Hawk being around like 4 years ago! He was always nice to me and others. A bunch of us left the forums a while back so I lost contacts here. He probably just found a better, more civilised forum to join.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 96
Actually it was only like 2 years ago, helped in my decision on my present setup.. where are those "more civil forums" LOL...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6210
Yes I remember Hawk. I kept wondering what happened to the guy. Haven't seen him since the civilized days:-)

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 566
The forum lost a lot of good members in the past 2 years...Hawk, Elitefan, John A. (he still posts frequently on the forum, but as far as I can tell, he stays out of the receivers section...very smart man). Those three knew more about audio than anyone else could hope to learn in a lifetime. I think Hawk may have seriously listened to almost every possible receiver/speaker combination possible. He truly was a wealth of knowledge. The forum took a serious nose dive once they stopped posting. Oh to be back in the good old days again.....

Hello again to all of the Dec-03 people out there!!

just trying
Unregistered guest
It was more than 2 years ago when I was registered here and Hawk was posting than. More civil forums? Just about any other audio forums that actually have active admin.

Gold Member
Username: Rick_b

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 1301
Thanks Johnny.... Some of us are still around on occasion.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6238
Hello Rick Barnes,
Haven't read from you in a while.

Gold Member

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 1303
Hi Berny, nice to run into you. I moved the family from New York to Florida in the past few months. I should be around more frequently. Mostly on "Old Dogs" and "tube Talk". Stay well!

Gold Member

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 1304
......and yes, Hawk was a super nice guy! I hope he is well.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 297
Hey Rick - I hope you write to them or at least call once in a while LOL!

Hawk was a nice guy. There was a poster here a few days ago posing as Hawk's son saying his father was killed in a boating accident. I see he's now been deleted. A similar rumour was started years back about poor old Hawk. I hope he's doing okay also.

just trying
Unregistered guest
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/5486.html#POST28846

Here's an old thread I dug up, this was one of my first encounters with Hawk {I am Max}. I hope that guy is ok!! And Paul, forgive me but you were right, it was only about 2 years ago.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 784
Wow.

A lesson for the rest of us around here to be more civil.

Username: Raymer

Post Number: 3
It's not like that Stof. That thread is just an example of how nice Hawk was to us. I didn't mean to take a shot at anybody when I said he may have went to a more "civil" forum lol. It just got so dang crazy here for a while it was truly unbearable. Seems alot better now though, I hope to stay longer this time.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1415
can't we all get along?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 788
Max those were my sentiments exactly.

The humility in his response was really touching.

Post Number: 6
Ok sorry about that Stof, I thought you were being sarcastic. I can read people pretty well in real life but it's a bit harder over a pc screen heh. Well, have a good one on this gorgeous day!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3944
Yes, I remember Hawk's post with real pleasure. Hope he is OK.

Thanks for the comment, Johnny. I moved house and country just over a year ago, and have not got back my 5.1 system, including my receiver. It is all care of my son, who's still in the old place. I am back to two-channel for the time being. So I have more to say under other audio topics, these days.

Best wishes to all.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 710
I am back. I must say I am very touched at everyone's kind words--I have really missed you guys. I did have a tough year last year, but I seem to have things straightened out now. I recently received a private message from SimmonsGene asking me about his situation, so I answered it and it really motivated me to get back with my old friends on this forum. I am particularly pleased to see so many of them still here. I truly have missed you guys!

BTW, I do not have a son (or, at least, not that I am aware of). Daughters only! Funny, about 18 months ago, it was my "wife" reporting my death from a long illness I never had and now, the son I never knew is reporting . . . . Well, I will have to chew on this one for awhile.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 568
Welcome back Hawk. About two years ago your advice (along with John A.'s) is what prompted me to explore HT and surround music. I am grateful for the advice and so glad I listened. In case I didn't say it before - thank you. Hope you stick around.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 871
Nice to see you back Hawk.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4000
I second that.

Great to read your words again, Hawk!

Nice to see, too, that some people on this forum have longer memories and attention spans than seem to be the norm, on casual reading.

Gold Member

Orlando, FL

Post Number: 1326
Cheers, Hawk!

It's nice to have you back.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1708
Welcome back, Hawk!(Kotter)

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 435
Hawk: a hearty "welcome back" to you. It's hard to keep up with the forum, but it's nice to see old friends around.

Username: Mofoknows

Post Number: 1
Civil Smivil. This forum is not a Martha Stewart class. Or is it? Glad to see you back HAWKSTER.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
No, but respect and courtesy is nice, or is it? Anyhow, welcome back Hawk! You helped me on numerous occasions and many more times to come I'm sure. Glad you're back.

Username: Mofoknows

Post Number: 9
Max, I don't disagree. Nice but not necessary.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 820
its nice to see familiar faces... er... names popping back up again.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 821
I had another account besides this one, but can't for the life of me remember what it was...

I do believe that it had my first name in it somewhere
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us