Matching speakers for marantz SR7000

Jarrod
Unregistered guest
I am looking getting some new speakers to match my Marantz SR7000 reciever, can anyone suggest a speaker that would best compliment it in the US$500-800 mark? I am after a speaker with a little bit of 'punch' as I am not currently running a sub, but would also like the option of getting on later.
Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5821
Athena ASF-2.2

You just want a pair, right?

Jarrod
Unregistered guest
yeah, to be honest I am a little new to this, my last set up was an old sony amp with four minipods. I have opted for something with more power and want to get the most out of it. A pair of front speakers and maybe some rear ones as well, what would you suggest?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5844
Check out audio advisor.com
They have great prices on the Athena line up, really plays well with Marantz and should fall within the top mark of your budget.

I cannot however, recommend the Athena sub, I feel that it is the weak link in an otherwise great speaker set. But you did say you are going to get the subs later on, the ASF-2.2 puts out a decent amount of bass and depending on your taste, probably won't need a sub.

Username: Jarrod_w

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your help. Am off to visit some audio places this weekend to get some more options.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us