Towers in Stereo

Bronze Member
Username: Edunham

Post Number: 16
I have an Onkyo TX-NR801 receiver and polk towers (rti-10) that I recently discovered the two channel stereo sound out of them was wonderful. However, the sub does not play in that mode and I would like just a bit more bass. I've adjusted the tone settings to give me more, but I want my sub. The speakers are "bi-ampable" and I was wondering if there was a way to drive the sub speakers of the tower seperate from the high end speakers. Am I opening a can of worms trying to get this to work or is it even as possible?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7532

Apparently your receiver does not process LFE to the sub when it is switched to stereo mode. You can make the high level connection from the speaker outputs of your receiver to your sub's high level inputs and that would put the sub in the system at all times.

The Nemesis
Unregistered guest
Good God!! 7500 posts. What a life-or not.

The Nemesis
Unregistered guest
I really have no life myself, that is why I troll around different forums and g@y internet sites.

I have nothing to contribute to society since the government saw it fit to list me as a $exual predator.

just trying
Unregistered guest
Actually Jan does have a life, hence why he has the knowledge to actually construct 7,000 posts worth of valuable information which he shares with the rest of us. You on the other hand Nemesis, have the brain capacity of a slug. I hope you enjoy cleaning toilets for a living since, well, that's what people like you do.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1394
Not that there is anything wrong with cleaning restrooms for a living, I always appreciate a clean one.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6181
Yup, you never notice it until it's filthy.

What a Joke
Unregistered guest
"Just trying" is right. Definitely not succeeding. By his/her logic, the more you post the smarter you become. In that case, I guess Jan is the smartest of them all.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1426
and that makes you...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6296
...a rest room cleaner?

Not the person but the curved brush.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1431
hehe

What a Joke
Unregistered guest
...makes me realize that Nuck is an idiot and Berny his disciple.

The Phoenix
Unregistered guest
Nuck and Berny are arrogant SOB's. Instead of directly addressing an issue, they respond by heaping insults. I'd rather be an humble toilet cleaner than one of those self-righteous b*stards.

The Phoenix
Unregistered guest
I really want to be a toilet cleaner. The crap-stained butts really turn me on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us