Marantz SR5600 receiver or Denon AVR-2106?

Username: Kpgreenberg

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to purchase a new A/V receiver and can't decide between Marantz SR5600 or Denon AVR-2106. I'm looking to to use it for Video switching for a new TV as well as 2 channel music (want an ability to upgrade to more channels in future). Haven't bought speakers yet but considering a pair of B&Ws.

Is there another receiver in this price range that are better than the 2 listed above?

milagro
Unregistered guest
the Panasonic sa-xr55 would cream both of those, but not sure how they'd work with the B&Ws.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5683
I like the sound of Marantz better with B&W more than the Denon. Both are just as good as the the other and shoul dwork well with the proposed speakers.

However, my preference of one over the other does not mean you will feel the same way. Have you listened to these at all?

Username: Kpgreenberg

Post Number: 2
I have heard both receivers, but haven't been able to do so with the same speakers, so I found it hard to compare. They both sounded really good to me.

Is there a better receiver out there for ~$600?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5743
There's also Pioneer and Harman Kardon. I wouldn't say better, just different, but still in the same class.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us