Integrated Amp Advice Needed

Username: Faiello5

Post Number: 1
Hi all. I will be purchasing an integrated amp to go with my Klipsch RF-35 floorstanding speakers, and I would like to hear some of the members' feedback/thoughts on the units I am considering. The unit and speakers will only be used for listening to music, no HT. The room is my family room with a size of about 25x20. I listen to classic rock, blues and a little bit of jazz/easy listening.

The Klipsch are very efficient with a bright high end, so an amp with a soft high end would be a good compliment. The units I am considering are as follows:

Arcam A65 - 40wpc - $700 retail
NAD C352 - 80wpc - $600 retail
Rotel 1062 - 60wpc - $700 retail

I have listened to all 3 units. Unfortunately I could not do any side by side comparisons as no single retailer carried more than 1 of the brands. So, please fire away with your thoughts, impressions, likes, dislikes etc. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Frank A.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5973
I like the combination of Arcam and that particular RF-35. I think it works particularly well with jazz without being overly "in your face".

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 832
They are all good integrated amps. A very interesting alternative would be the Outlaw Audio RR2150 stereo receiver @ $599. It has a powerful amp section: 2 x 100 watts @ 8 ohms and 2 x 160 watts @ 4 ohms. It is also the only stereo receiver with a subwoofer output that includes selectable analog bass management. So you can add a subwoofer. It also has a USB port for streaming audio from a computer and a front mini-jack for MP3 (IPOD) devices. Also a phono input for either moving coil or moving magnetic phono cartridges. With a separate headphone jack with volume levels and an AM/FM tuner, it is tough to beat. Basically, you get a more powerful integrated amplifier with a bunch of goodies thrown in--not to mention great retro styling.

Bronze Member
Username: Ellison

Post Number: 31
Nad 352 is not of a "imaging" amplifier. Its an easy listenging amp. I owned one before and its entertaining. But I believe it won't produce every potential the Klipsh has. Try some pre power combo like mine or go for Nad 370. Or Exposure 2010s & Musical findelity X150
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us