Klipsch synergy f-3

Username: Beny888

Ames , Iowa Usa

Post Number: 5
i purchased the klipsch f-3 while working at best-buy part-time for $340. Does anybody have any personal experience/opinions on these. any hints on setting them up? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 529
keep them at least 3 feet away from the back wall, and well away from the side wall. Toe them RIGHT in toward you, so you are looking right in the mouth of the horn, right at the tweeter.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1474
Gavin's suggested setup of aligning the horns towards you yields very good imaging using horns.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 769
Peter,

I used to have a set of RB-5 II's, then got rid of them because I tried matching them with an onkyo reciever, didn't know anything about amp / reciever matching with speakers at the time.

Those RB-5 II's were some of the best sounding klipsch speakers I have EVER heard (includs k-horns). I heard a pair of 5 II's set up properly at a dealer before they were phased out (after I got rid of mine) and that wonderful sound has stayed with me ever since...

so I do know how to set up horns... and now after my misfortune with matching them with a $hitty reciever, what NOT to mate them with... lol

however, the newever klipsch refs can't hold a candle to what they replaced IMHO.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1480
Including KHorns huh? I guess that can be interpreted two ways! ;-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us