Need help with a reciever

Username: Jmchut

Post Number: 10
Hi i just bought some paradigm monitor 7's with a paradigm cc 370 and some adp 170s for rears. i was wondering what would be a good reciever for these speakers in the 500-600 dollar range i was looking at some marantz or denons any suggestion would be appreciated thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5287
Either one will serve you well. Although there are those who prefer Denons with Paradigm.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmchut

Post Number: 11
would a denon 2106 be just fine?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5503
Yup.
Have you heard any of these at all?

Bronze Member
Username: Patriots_fan

Post Number: 31
I own Paradigm Monitor 7's and a CC-370 too. I used to have a Denon 2802 and the speakers sounded OK. I bought a NAD T763 and they sound light years better. In fact if I had to use a single word to describe how the speakers sounded while using the Denon now that I have them powered with a NAD that word would be shitty.

I'd reccomend you save your pennies and invest in a NAD. You'll be glad you did when you hear how much better than Denon they make your speakers sound.

Username: Goobs

Post Number: 3
I have Monitor 9's and want to upgrade my receiver. There is not a place to listen to the Denon's or Nad's where I live. I guess if the T-763 is working for you it will do for me. Do you know where is the best place to buy one.
Thanks,
Joe

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 239
Joe... the best place to buy the NAD is a place with a good return policy. NAD AVRs have a long history of having nasty hiss/hum issues. Do a search on these forums and you'll find dozens of posts outlining them. That's not to say that all units are bad - and NAD AVRs sound great when they're not hissing and humming - the problem seems to occur at a ridiculously high rate, especially given the cost of the units. I would gladly spend my money on any other NAD product, but wouldn't spend a dime of my own money on a NAD AVR.

Post Number: 4
Thanks Zig,
I wish that I was smarter about this. It seems the more I try to fine a receiver to work with the Paradigms, the more confused I become.
Thanks for the post.
Joe

Gold Member

Post Number: 5917
Joe,
What is available in your area? Are you in the US? If you are, you may want to look at the offerings from Outlaw Audio, they work really well with the Paradigms. Look at the Model 1070 or the 970/7125 combo. This is another one of those that I feel work well with a lot of speakers.

I also have the T773 but the Outlaws have since replaced it as the favourite in my audio cabinet.

Post Number: 5
Where is the best place to buy outlaw?
Thanks,
Joe

Gold Member

Post Number: 5934
http://www.outlawaudio.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts