Archive through August 03, 2005

Unregistered guest
I don't know how to "sync" my Lyra RD1028 to the music match jukebox how do i do that?

Username: Hkr_7878

Post Number: 1
can i gett the cd contain of lyra RD1080 to solution missing lyra_sys flder plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unregistered guest
A while ago my Lyra RD1020 was working fine, now, however, it will only accept some files. When I put normal mp3's on the player, they won't work, or some of them will be converted to MPY files and THEN they will work. Can you help?

Username: Ezeze5000

Festus, Missouri

I don't use the software with my Lyra RD1028.

I plug it into the USB port and then I drag and drop
the MP3s I want to hear on to it.

I have not had any problems with it so far.

Anonymous

I am trying to format my SD card so I can play songs on the Lyra 1021. I tried going to my computer, and right clicking on the G: drive. I hit format, but when the screen came up the "start" button remains gray and will not allow me to format the memory card. What do I do? If anyone knows, please e-mail me at irishjewel_2002@yahoo.com

Anonymous

I have the Lyra 2012 (256Mg). I have had it since Christmas 04. All of a sudden none of the buttons work. I have to remove the battery to shut it off. The ON button will turn the unit back on, but no other buttons work. It seems like the LOCK is on, but the manual says that LOCK is disabled when you remove the battery. Has anyone seen this before? I have updated to the latest firmware and no change. Anyone seen this 'Feature' or is it Warranty Time?

Anonymous

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!.i have a 256mb card in my 1080 mp3 player. when i go to change the songs in musicmatch it only shows the internal drive. will su m 1 plzzzzz tell me how to change from inter to the external drive??

Unregistered guest
My MAC sees my mp3 player but not the memory card. My PC sees both. Can someone tell me if they know how to mount the card on a Mac?

dms7
Unregistered guest
HELP!!! I have had my 1021 mp3 for about two years now and last night i was changing out my songs and all the sudden the computer and windows says that there aren't any devices connected to the comp....so...for the past day i have been uninstalling and re-installing drivers, doing firmware updates, etc., pretty much everything there is to do...once the computer found my 128 expansion but then i lost it...rca is of course no help...please give suggestions...i NEED my player!!!

Unregistered guest
Please help!
I have a Lyra 2780 and most photos that I have downloaded appear in just one colour and not in the centre of the screen. Also, musicmatch version 10 (not the older version 9 that came with the lyra) crashes everytime, can anyone help me?
Many thanks

Unregistered guest
What's the limit SD/MMC card the Lyra 1071 can handle? Could I get a 1gb card?

Anonymous

I recently purchased a RCA Lyra digital Audio Player RD1028. It works fine for a little while. then I try to turn the thing on and it just shows the RCA sign. Nothing respondes. i removed the batteries like the booklet said. how ever the Battery says it is about 3/4 full. And I know that the battery gauge on the Player said it was full? ANY HELP PLEASE

Unregistered guest
I've got a RD1072 with 256 internal and just bought a 1-gig SD card. It won't move all the songs over using Musicmatch - and if I manually do it in Windows, the Lyra won't see them anyway. There's some blurb on the RCA site about a weird fat 12/16 cluster size requirement(article #132), but it's talking about the RD1021, '71 and '75 models. The utility I downloaded for my model has a format button, however it doesn't allow switching between internal memory and the SD card.

Anonymous

I just bought a 1 GB SD memory card for my RCA Lyra 1071A mp3 player. It works great except that the mp3 player says there is only 198 songs total (between the mp3 player and memory card together) and the computer says that there is almost 250 songs and still more room left. What do I do? Why won't the mp3 player read the songs?

P
Unregistered guest
The 1071A software will only recognize 199 files regardless of how many you have loaded. RCA is aware of this. I have not seen a fix. Their support truly sucks.

Username: Telecommike

Harvey, IL USA

I called RCA about the problem I was having with my 1028 and they acted as if they never heard about the problem I'm having but after going over the trouble posted on this forum I realize I'm one of many. I cannot play songs on my SD card. It plays 4 or 5 songs and then the player freezes and I have to remove the battery just to turn the unit off. Any suggestions?

Ryanz44
Unregistered guest
I too am having poblems with my lrya 1020...

It will not recoghnize the 64 mb sd card I have...its like its not even there....

I have formatted but it still doesnt work...\

any sugesttions?

lil_G_man__69
Unregistered guest
hi i have a RCA Lyra and it works fine. i bought a 256 MB memory card and i dont know how to put the songs onto it. the computer reads that its there but i dont know how to put the songs on...some one PLZ help me

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA LYRA RD2850, and when I plug it into the computer with the USB cable, it says it's connected. But on the computer, it says it cannot find device! Please help me figure out what it wrong with it. I've tried it on 3 other computers!

Unregistered guest
Who have the RCA Lyra RD1021/RD1071 Firmware Upgrade - Version 1.615? Because someone says that with the latest version win XP can detect our SD memory card, I have the version 1.607 and my memory card don't work in Win XP.

Unregistered guest
Okay guys, I know alot of you have had problems with it not recognizing the SD Memory cards. I finally figured mine out. You may have noticed that when you insert the card into the player and hook it up to your computer, there will be two seperate drives for the mp3 player. The one labeled "RCA Lyra" and one that on my computer is called the "H" drive, which is the memory card. Since I use realplayer (because the MM software is CRAP) to download the songs, I simply select the songs from my library that I want, right click them and go to "Copy To" then "H://" After you've got all the songs copied to your memory card or the H drive, delete all the songs off of the "RCA Lyra" drive. If you delete every single song, and try playing it again, it will change the default memory from internal to the memory card.

So bottom line,

Delete all the songs off of your RCA Lyra drive
Upload them to the seperate drive (H in my case)
Unplug & Play!

If you have any questions or would like to THANK me just email me at: mikalahgordoncentral@gmail.com! :-)

Unregistered guest
Okay guys, I know alot of you have had problems with it not recognizing the SD Memory cards. I finally figured mine out. You may have noticed that when you insert the card into the player and hook it up to your computer, there will be two seperate drives for the mp3 player. The one labeled "RCA Lyra" and one that on my computer is called the "H" drive, which is the memory card. Since I use realplayer (because the MM software is CRAP) to download the songs, I simply select the songs from my library that I want, right click them and go to "Copy To" then "H://" After you've got all the songs copied to your memory card or the H drive, delete all the songs off of the "RCA Lyra" drive. If you delete every single song, and try playing it again, it will change the default memory from internal to the memory card.

So bottom line,

Delete all the songs off of your RCA Lyra drive
Upload them to the seperate drive (H in my case)
Unplug & Play!

If you have any questions or would like to THANK me just email me at: mikalahgordoncentral@gmail.com! :-)

Anonymous

I have a Lyra 2760 and when I connect it the computer, it doesn't read the device and asked "that Drive "E" has not been formatted" "would you like to format it" and, I hit "yes" and it says that it cannot be formatted. I've updated the software from the website and it still doesn't recogize the device. I have tons of music and nothing is happening. Plus when I power on, it sits for about 20 secs. and then shuts off....please tell me whats wrong with this device! Second one now.

Dan Tebrugge
Unregistered guest
I have a Lyra 1072B. I used a 1Gig SD card. Used Music Match to load 391 songs on it. The Lyra shows only 238.

I used a 256 Meg. card, it still shows only 238. Music match and Windows Explorer each show I shoud have 274 total tracks on the 256 Meg internal memory plus the 256 Meg card.

I've emailed them twice. They haven't responded. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thnx

Christina
Unregistered guest
I had mine for a week, and then it started not playing the songs, not recognizing the memory card, AND everytime I would put new songs into the memory card, they wouldnt even play. After SO much work with this thing, nothing has helped.. It doesn't play ANYTHING AT ALL, unless I take out the memory card and reinsert it before it turns completely on. Just the fact that it won't play any new songs I upload into the memory card alone is upsetting.. I'm planning on getting a new one, Creative Zen Micro, with 5gb. Its $230 , but I'm hoping for an mp3 player that actually works. Because my Lyra was a complete waste of $50..

Username: Jhd

It seems SD cards not being read is a common problem for Lyra's. Boy, if I had found this forum before I had purchased mine. Anyone would know why the computer does not read the SD card when inserted in the Lyra. I already updated the firmware, but still my laptop does not recognizes the card on the Lyra.

wizardx29
Unregistered guest
i just got a lyra rd1020 from a friend and i got nothing else with it. it already has songd on it and i can hear them, but how do i get rid of the songs on there and put new ones.

Unregistered guest
i just got a lyra rd1020 from a friend and i got nothing else with it. it already has songd on it and i can hear them, but how do i get rid of the songs on there and put new ones. if u can help me can you please e-mail me the solution at wizardx29@hotmail.com.

Unregistered guest
i have a lyra rd1071
my sister snd her boyfriend gave it to me but he already had songs on it so i hooked the cable to the cpu and the mp3 said usb connected but i coudn't add or delete songs can you guys help?

Anonymous

I own a Lyra RD2011A for four months, downloaded the new firmware to profile my system, now nothing will play. New battery, new sd card (1GB), but no play. Formatted the card in reader, formatted the player, I advivce no-one to buy this poor scrap of plastic that passes for a digital audio player. I also own a SanDisk player (1GB) and have never had a damn problem with it. Any advice would be great, I hate to think I wasted my money on this little liability. WMP10 shows that it is compatible with the thing but my problem is that RCA screwed me with their so called "update" for player, I swear it was working fine till that point.

Anonymous

I have a Lyra RD2850 and I have installed the applications, musicmatch, and the musicmatch add-in. However, my computer (XP Pro) fails to recognize that the mp3 player exists, but it still provides power to charge. I have tried it on my other computer (XP Home) and have the exact same problem. I know that these USB ports work for other devices. By the way, I only have USB 1.1, however the manual says that it will work, only not as fast as 2.0. Hopefully someone can help me!

Username: Baxterb

Quakertown, Pennsylvaina United States

Where do you find the memory cards for your RCA Lyra RD1021?

lexbian
Unregistered guest
just like so many others i feel like i wasted money onm my lyra. i have an RD2010 (128mb with sd expansion using a sandisk 128mb card) which worked fine until the other day when i decided to change my music. i plugged it in and it says "usb connected" on the lyras screen, but it doesnt show up in windows (XP pro). i didnt update anything recently(did all that the day i bought it, so i cant figure it out. anyone with ANY ideas how to solve this let me know please (gotacraving[at]yahoo[dot]com). and dont let anyone you know waste money on these garbage lyras, rca and their total lack of tech support blows, ill never buy another rca product.

Anonymous

Whenever I connect my Lyra RD1028A to my WinXP system, my computer restarts. Any advice?

Username: Cgoertz

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 06:09 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just recently starting using this again and cant' find the software. Looked on the RCA website with out much luck.

Any one who might be willing to share a copy?
Please help!!!

Cristy Goertz
Username: Cgoertz

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 06:40 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also does any one know what the largest memory card you can use in this is? I've got a 1gb but, saw somewhere that it might only be able to handle 256 mb

Username: Jake2

All the problems mentioned here seem to be about memory cards. My Lyra has always worked great, but I havent tried a card with it.

I'm wondering if the problem is the 1.5 volt battery on the RCA Lyra 128? Because the voltage specs on the SD cards appears to be 2.7 to 3.6 volts (see for example http://store.lexar.com/?category=21&subcategory=6&productid=SD128-231 )

Mike123
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a rca lyra rd1090A model mp3 player, and while adding songs onto it the other day, I think I deleted a needed .exe file that is on my player. Now I cannot play any songs anymore and an error message pops up saying "bad or missing mp3.exe file" and turns off. Has anyone had this problem before, and how do I fix this? Thanks in advance, Mike

Anonymous

Maybe we should all forward the complaints to rca since it's their fault, no support or anything. Sounds like when someone figures out what the problem is, another one pops up. Rca should stick to making record players, not mp3's which seems out of their grasp. Everyone! It's not the battery, or the memory card, or the brand new computer someone has, or the sorftware, it's the damn Lyra brand. for $100 dollars it shouldn't have so many problems, lemons everyone, that's what we are stuck with.
I ended up buying another brand name with 512mb for $120 and have no problems at all, just download music ( like you would expect) and listen. None of this bull s**t of maybe it's this or that. Tell anyone else to stay away from this company!

tara
Unregistered guest
I bought my daughter a lyra 1028....I can't even get to the troubles you are all having, because we can't even get ours to TURN ON!! The screen reads USB connected, but won't turn on at all. any ideas?

Username: Jhd

Tara, this means your lyra is ready to receive files. Transfer a few songs into it and then remove the USB cord. Hopefully after that you should be able to hear them.

Tara
Unregistered guest
Ahh, thank you so much! I'll give it a try! (I did discover that it would "turn on" when I didn't have it connected). I did try to transfer songs with the UBS message and didn't have luck, but perhaps I did something wrong? I'll post again if I fail ;)

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me why after I tranfer music files to my Lyra it will only play for an average of three to seven seconds, and then freeze up with a laud ring and the only way to turn it off is to take out the battery? model # 2011A. Fresh batteries and software installed too! I use the WMP10 and their websites (both RCA and Microsoft) both claim the mp3 player is compatible with it, work for a few weeks and now it is being used as paper weight. Anyone please!

Username: Frostbite

I have a lyra 1021 and im using musicmatch jukebox 9 but it wont even register that i have an external device attached to the computer, i downloaded a driver but it still wont work
this is just a roundabout way of saying, please help me!

Unregistered guest
Hi There... I hope there is someone out there that can help me! I was transferring some files from my girlfriends laptop to my laptop using my Lyra 2012. I sent alot of stuff back and forth, but I got carried away and sent 5 different things at the same time. THe first four were all fine but the biggest file went right up to 99% complete before it told me that there wasn't enough space on the lyra. NOW that darn thing wont even work. It says when its connected, but the computer says its connected as a drive but when I click on the drive it says insert a disk. It totally doesnt recognice the lyra as a drive anymore when it says its connected. Also, my lyra will turn on but it just says RCA with the blue screen then turns off. Nothing Else. Can anyone help me?

Username: Fixer57

Mobile, Al USA

Hey folks, I have the same problem with my wife's RCA Lyra RD1028A. I put in a 256meg SD card in it and it refuses to allow it to function. I sent an E-mail to Walmart, since the RCA support blows. An engineer from Thompson electronics is looking into the problem. I enclosed the link to this forum as a part of the E-mail and the Walmart folks forwarded it to the Thompson Electronics people. The RCA Lyra is made by or supported by Thompson. The engineer is going to check the SD card and get back to me. Time will tell.

Mobile, Al USA

For the folks who can see the USB connected but can't find how to get your music to the Lyra unit. Double click on my computer, You should see an Icon labeled RCA Lyra (E)this is your internal storage on the unit. double click it and you have a folder to drop your MP3 files into. Just open your music folder and drag the MP3's from it to the RCA Lyra folder. Hopefully they will get the SD problems fixed before you max the internal memorys storage.

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 3
I searched a bit deeper on Google. There is another web page that is very informative about RCA / Thompson the name is pretty coarse but the forum is good. Hope this enlightens you all. http://www.urfucked.com/

White Dire Wolf
Unregistered guest
I have a RCA Lrya RD1028A, brand new....my problem is I cannot get rid of a "demo file" song that i did not put on it. I press remove to get rid of the song, and remove file, but it keeps coming back and won't delete. It drives me nuts not only because its there and won't come off, but also because the song sucks!

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 4
Hey white Dire Wolf. How are you removing the song? Connect up with the USB. Dbl click on My computer so you will see the RCA_Lyra(E) drive. Then dbl click on it. You should see all the songs on the lyra. Then right click on the sad song and select delete. You don't need the Lyra software, the music crap box or anything. Just delete what you want and drag and drop from your music folder to the (E) drive. It should work like a champ.

Unregistered guest
can someone give me a site for free software for my rca lyra rd 2760 plz.......ty i stepped on my disk and it snapped in half :0/.......thanx a ton in advance, feel free to giv eme an email

Username: Pete_mophius

Hey I have a Rca Lyra RD1028A and i have everything I can have installed on my computer and I go to musicmach and make my playlist. My player is plugged in and everything and it says usb connected. But when I go to put on my player it says attach and power on player when it already is attached and powered on.arrgg..!! plz help! this is so frustrating!!!!

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 5
Hey Peter. I have been playing with my wife's Lyra, Its easier to not use the musicmatch garbage. Go to your music folder and sort through it and find only the songs you want to put on the Lyra. If need be, just make an additional folder call it say dlbs for download bull s. Move the songs you want to put on the Lyra in it. Make it about 1/4 page size and then double click on my computer with the Lyra hooked up to the USB port. You will see a RCA_Lyra(E) drive. Now you can just select the songs in you dlbs folder and drag them to the (E) drive. All the MP3's will copy over to the Lyra. When it finishes you unplug it and turn it on. You should have the songs ready to play. Just be careful not to exceed the memory limit with a multiple file transfer. I've heard of the Lyra's locking up when that happens. You can right click on the E drive, select properties and see how much space you still have available. As for getting a SD card working, GOOD LUCK!!! Since I have forwarded this forum to Walmart.com with my complaints, my local Walmart has pulled all their Lyra's off the shelf. I hope this helps you.

TheContstruct
Unregistered guest
for all those that wanted to use a 1GB card in the smaller madels like the 1022-1071 and what not, i came up with a way around the file limit. it's basicaally taking your songs and pairing them up into two's and then combinging them into one file. this can be done with any number of audio editing software. this way you can use up all the space yet stay under the file limit. hope this helps!

lisamand
Unregistered guest
I just bought a new LYRA 1072B. It is my first experience with an MP3 player. Everything is fine. I loaded all my songs and it plays fine, however none of the other buttons work. I can't play forward, scan backward, turn it off without taking the battery out or turn the volume up or down. Any suggestions? Thanks

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 6
Lisamand, RUN don't walk to the store you bought it from and get it exchanged! Better yet with all the problems with the Lyra, go for a different brand.

Unregistered guest
I have come to the conclusion that the LYRA 1070 is crap after buying two SD cards and having the same problem over and over . The cards do say they require 2.7v to operate and the LYRA runs off of 1 1.5V battery. Maybe this is the problem. Hey RCA you dont have to be an EE to understand this do you?!?!?!?

Unregistered guest
Just got off the phone with RCA/Thomson
580-634-0115
They told me try a different brand of SD card. Only solution they had. When I told them the lexar card takes a min of 2.7v power to run it properly they kind of chuckled that I would know more than their engineer. Well I am telling you I do because a fact is a fact and Lexar at their web site says 2.7v to 3.6v for this particular sd card. Also funny why the newer models of RCA mp3 players are coming through now with 2 1.5v batteries making it 3v and no problem running the Lexar SD cards in this model.

OK this is how nuts I am . I picked up another RCA LYRA-yea I know I am stubborn. This model is RD 1080B. It has 2 batteries 3.0v total I take the SD card with the previously recorded songs and insert it and guess what,....it plays perfectly. Yes all along it is the power requirement for this sd card (lexar), If anyone else does some research and finds a card that takes less juice to operate please post it here or e-mail me. It is wierd how RCA won't admit this but yet it is in black and white. So if you have a su=ingle battery RCA unit and a lexar SD card they will NOT work together!!

Unregistered guest
1020 problem, Campy37 asked this:

Whenever I load songs onto my RCA Lyra RD1020, the first song (regardless of what it is) plays fine and the rest of the songs freeze up. I'm using Musicmatch to load them. I've tried formatting it and it still does that. Any suggestions?

Same problem for me. Did you or anybody else here find a solution?

Unregistered guest
i got a rca lyra model RD1020 and i cant seem to get it to do anything does anyone know how and could tell me how to use it i got it hooked up but i am clueless on what to do i have no software or instruction booklet all i need is some help on putting music on it please and thank you

chie
Unregistered guest
my rca lyra 128 mb wont turn on. the rca logo comes up but dissapear 2 seconds later. whats the matter?

perdudanbrume
Unregistered guest
I got an Lyra RD1028A which work perfectly but windows 2k doesn't detect the extra sd card I tried on a win xp which detected it so it isn't an hardware problem I tried the lyre firmware upgraders with no use, HELP?

Anonymous

I have had a 64mb lyra RD1021 for years!!! Whats up with the I/O device error. PLease Email Me At...

Paintballgunner425@hotmail.com

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 7
If you are trying to get the SD card working on a single AAA cell model Lyra, you are out of luck. The SD cards need more voltage than the single cell can deliver, you will be limited to the onboard memory. As for using Musicmatch, just go to my computer, open the RCA_Lyra E: drive and drag and drop the MP3 files you want onto it from your music folder. It works just fine.

Unregistered guest
I have the rd2854a model. it's a variant of the 2850 model, with 40 gigs and all the stuff.

Recently, the device won't start, giving me a 2 second message about reseting the device, or reinstalling the files.

Now that wouldn't be a problem, but at the same time, my computer simply doesn't recognize it anymore, so I can't do anything. Of course, RCA's website is totally useless to anyone with even basic knowledge of computers.

Does anyone have any idea/clue/whatever on something I could do? I'm about to go ballistic, and I'd like to save it if I can.

my email is nicfortin1342@hotmail.com if anyone knows

greg@work
Unregistered guest
The musicmatch software sucks! Use windows explorer!

Unregistered guest
Yes Kirk you are absolutely right. Then why won't RCA/Thomson admit that it takes 2 1.5v AAA to run the SD card. Every SD card I have looked up on-line (and I have now exhausted all brands) takes a minimum of 2.7v to operate. Making a 1 battery powered model was a mistake RCA/Thomson will not admit to. Why even have a slot that takes a SD card if it will not operate. The EE majors at RCA should be ashamed of themselves. This is simple simon stuff.

Unregistered guest
Hi I have the Lyra RD 2760. I need some help!
Tried to put my mp3s on it. Worked fine. But after erasing some of the files through the musicmatch and Explorer, I still have the folders and names on the RCA, but without working files. How can I reformat it and erase everything to start new? And how can I transfer my data without having the same problem again?

Does anyone have any idea/clue/whatever on something I could do? Just send a mail to Surferbabe@arcor.de, please!

joey137137
Unregistered guest
hi i have this rca lyra rd 2010 and im am using music match to get my songs on it. However, every time i put my memory card in (64) It dosnt count it as memory and i am unable to put music on it. In saying that my problem is that i don't know how to get songs on the external memory. If anyone knows could u plz post how to.

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 8
Well folks I solved my problem with the Lyra piece of work! I took it back to Walmart and got a new ILO. It not only accepts the SD card with only 1 AAA cell but it is 256 meg instead of 128, has FM tuner and even a voice record function. The screen is much nicer than the RCA piece of mud. and it WORKS!!!!!

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 9
Well folks I solved my problem with the Lyra piece of work! I took it back to Walmart and got a new ILO. It not only accepts the SD card with only 1 AAA cell but it is 256 meg instead of 128, has FM tuner and even a voice record function. The screen is much nicer than the RCA piece of mud. and it WORKS!!!!!

I Hate RCA
Unregistered guest
Kirk I cant delete the CD Formatted songs off my lyra, thx everyone i read the whole post, this is good thread.

I Hate RCA
Unregistered guest
Kirk I cant delete the CD Formatted songs off my lyra, thx everyone i read the whole post, this is good thread.

RCA is quear
Unregistered guest
also how would i take out my cd format songs to make them mp3? I already have a cd to mp3 converter.

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 10
Hey I hate RCA. I'm not sure what software you are using but you should be able to hook the unit up so it shows USB connected. Then just open my computer. You should see the Lyra as a removable drive. If you double click on it you should see every file that is on it. Highlight the puppies and hit delete. They should disappear. Best of luck. Kirk. If that still doesn't work send me an E-mail. Its windsurfer57@comcast.net best of luck. The little ILO I swapped out the mrs. Lyra for rocks! I might even get one for myself. Best of luck and if that doesn't work drop me a line. Or even if it does work let me know.

cobra102590
Unregistered guest
mike123 my mp3 player is also do that with the message email me if you found out how to fix that problem ir is cobra10259@yahoo.com

Cammie
Unregistered guest
Hello.. I have a 256MB Lyra Mp3 Player. I got it for Christmas 05. It's been working great since, a few weeks ago I went to use it and it will play, but none of the buttons work. The lock feature is turned off also. Does anyone know what the problem may be.. because I will have to fix it or get it fixed by a professional because we accidently lost the receipts for the purchase. Thanks a million!!! :-)

Rucku$
Unregistered guest
@ Walmart you can return as much as you want, i tried 5 different players, and on all i found that if i didn't leave a few megabytes on each drive it would lock up when started and give I/O errors on my PC. Most players need to make a new table of contents or more when you restart - if you've added songs or changed anything. Reinstalling the Firmware fixed the problem on all. I got the lyra 2012, and Lexar 1GB SD. New Firmware from their site and it's tight. Not too bad.

These cards come in faster speeds now like 55x and higher, maybe that's something to do with the incompatabilties.

Unregistered guest
I have an RD1072A. Just recently, when I turn it on, it starts normally, shows the RCA logo, then shows how many tracks I have. Then it just goes back to the RCA startup logo, and does it over and over until you have to lock it or just take the battery out... can anyone help me???

Anonymous

I own a lyra 2760 and accidentally deleted an important file while deleting music, now everytime i try to turn it on it says File Load Failed, does anyone know where i can download the necessary files to fix this? thx, Victor

Unregistered guest
hi. i just recently bought a RCA Lyra RD1021 with the software but the software wont work. i have windows 98 for my OS and when i plug in my Lyra it says USB connected on the screen but my computer isnt detecting the Lyra. it tried downloading songs off of my friends computer with a completely different software. i mean the mp3 player that he had wasnt even made by RCA it wasnt even close. but anyways i was wondering if anyone had a website where i could get the Rca lyra software from it. i searched google for the software and found an update for the software and i figured that wouldnt work for the software since it wouldnt install anyways. now i dont know why my friends computer was able to transfer the songs but it wont work on my computer. do i need a different operating system or is it just that i really need the software. if anyone can help me with this plz e-mail me at LP_Under_Ground@hotmail.com or just post it here. sending the info to me would be more sufficient to me and i would really appreiciate it so if you can help me plz help me. i havent had it for long i just need to kno wat the hell to do cuz i cant really keep going over to my friends house to download the songs. plz help me. Greatly appreciate it. thx in advance. hope u can help me.

gil dionne
Unregistered guest
I own a Lyra RD1028A used with a SanDisk 256 MB card. I have discovered that it doesn't make sense to use any SD card larger than 256, because this player seems to have a 198 song limit, regardless of available memory size.
I use mp3pro format and find that when I reach the song limit, I still have not used about 50MB of the 384MB available. To fill up the 'wasted' space with music, I often 'combine' several songs together, BEFORE I convert them to a single mp3. This puts more songs in the player, but does not increase the number of songs listed in the Lyra's directory.
Of course I cannot select just the 2nd or 3rd song in the group, but I accept the trade-off for increased listening time.
When my Lyra 'bites the dust' I will choose a device with no limitation on numbers, including the ridiculous limit of only 20 songs on the single programmable playlist. If that means purchasing from a different company, bye-bye RCA!

Unregistered guest
i agree with all of u here. if RCA doesnt have its own help and support either website or phoneline maybe we should mail these complaints to them. im willing to do that and i'll even send a letter with all of these complaints as long as i can get my rca fixed. my message is posted above this one and i need the software for it. the RCA RD1021. if anyone has it plz share it with me just send it as an attachment to my e-mail at LP_Under_Ground@hotmail.com or plz post a comment telling me on what website i could find it cuz i kno that RCA doesnt have it. (damn useless company) anyways if u can help me my other message about whats wrong with it is posted above this one so plz help me out and if u want me to send these complaints to RCA tell me and i'll do it. these complaints need to be recognized by the company cuz they should back up their products. well until someone helps me or tells me what to do i'll be posting more messages later. plz help me if u can. e-mail LP_Under_Ground@hotmail.com thx again.

Hoskins72
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to delete the crappy song that came with the Lyra 1072B? I tried deleting it using the MusicMatch software, but it won't delete it.

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a RCA Lyra RD2850, and I have been having it since november 04. It has just recently started to have some problems. I can't access anything on the playing using My Computer. Ever since i got back from vacation it says that i need to insert a disk into drive e. email me the answer @ drumthrasher109@hotmali.com Thanks...

Anonymous

I have an rca lyra 1071 and i would like to put itunes songs on it. is that possible? what would i need to do?

Anonymous

I have an rca lyra 1071 and i would like to put itunes songs on it. is that possible? what would i need to do?

Username: 11northernguy

My RCA lyra was formatted while trying to delete old songs...now I can reload it with new music but the device itself says that there are no songs on it and won't play, but my computer ( with usb cable attached) states that it is full of music? Kinda confused...any help??

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyra RD1020 (64 MB). Whenever I want to add songs to my player, I go to MusicMatch and do it there, but lately it will only load one song correctly. If you add another one after that, the song is on the player but it has no audio or anything on it. Can someone help me with this problem please? If anyone has an answer, e-mail me at quadropheniac06@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

drumthrasher109
Unregistered guest
Hello...I have an RCA Lyra RD2850. Before i went on vacation and plugged it into the computer, I was able to use My Computer to transfer files...but after I got back, I plugged it in, it says it is connected, but when I double click on the Removable Disk from My Computer, it says: Please insert a disk into the disk drive. PLEASE HELP!

Unregistered guest
I bought a RCA Lyra RD1072 a few months back...everything was fine...added a 512mb SanDisk memory card...loaded more songs on...everything is fine....lately now though...if I skip a song or adjust the volume...it will stop playing randomly...the screen freezes...the music stops...I then have to take the batteries out and reinstall the batteries...turn it on...it goes back to the very first song and the same crap starts over again. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Is MikeV still around here? Bought a RCA RD1071 recently and added an Sandisk 512 SD card to it. Installed RCA's misc utilties that came on the disk. After install I see no format utiltiy. I only see 'update device'. I try it but it just seems to search for a rca device without acutally finding one. If I got into the windows hardware manager (WinXP) I can see 2 Thompson Lyra mass storage devices (one for internal memory and one for sd card). Using windows I can format to fat(16) and plop songs on there. Problem with this solution is that when I reconnect the player to windows (via usb) it blows away every file currently on my player. This is due to using fat(16) instead of RCA's file table format (some fat 12/16 hybrid if you believe their website ). Anyone know how to get 'format media' to show up under the Program Files -> Lyra Software -> menu? Can I download the formatter program and install it seperately? I've tried browsing the cd and finding anything useful but theres only one section that corresponds to my player and that is precisely the software thats not working. Thanks.

Anonymous

With Reguards to iTunes and 1071 (previous post). If you don't use music match and just drag and drop the songs onto your Lyra 1071 they will play just fine. Problem is that iTunes does some funkyness with the ID3 Tag and your Lyra will concatenate the song/file name. For example if you have a song blah_blah_blah.mp3 your lyra will show it as as blah~1 instead. Its still fully functional just annoying. Damn propritary software *shakes fist at Apple and RCA*

zachary bell
Unregistered guest
HELP!!!!...MY RCA LYRA RD2850A IS A PIECE OF CRAP!...when i turn it on it gets stuck on that first rca screen until it shuts itself off...im starting to get mad and i need to fix it NOW! PLEASE someone help me!

Anonymous

************update to iTunes and Lyra***********
Its not iTunes as much as it is the decrepit Lyra. I borrowed a friends generic MP3 player / usb stick and it reads all the ID3 tags fine. Sucktacular!

Unregistered guest
Anyone know if you can use more than one memory card for a Lyra 2011? It would make sense if you can't, but I thought I'd ask.

Anonymous

I have had my RD1072 less than 48 hours, and it became apparent that my RD1072 (or any other RCA mp3/wma product according to the other posts) may be hard pressed in matching the dependabilitiy and reliability of other mp3/wma units. To my recollection, I've never heard the name "RCA" come up in any conversation on quality electronics, so no surprises there. For $39 on a refurbished RD1072, can anyone truly expect military specification quality??? That being said, here are some observations on the RD1072:

1. The instructions on the CD are inaccurate; my *.wma files played without any need to "profile."

2. The *.wma Files were uploaded via Windows Explorer without the need for Musicmatch. Will it matter for *.mp3 files?--probably, but don't care. Someone else can be the torch bearing, poster child in the format wars--I just want sound without pops, clicks, distortion, or skipping. If *.wma is the path of least resistance, then so be it.

3. The icon for the RD1072 that should show (according to the "manual") in system tray does not. (Nor does it appear to be necessary for loading up the unit via my Win98se IBM 600e Thinkpad.)

4. The unit would not power-up with a Viking 128mb SD installed. After applying some common sense to the problem, the same "one-1.5v-AAA-doesn't-have enough-juice" conclusion of some earlier posts was reached. Although the reasoning was anecdotal, consider the brown-out effect seen when a refrigerator or large TV is turned on in a place where the electrical wiring is not up to par. It would seem that the RD1072 has a similar issue when powering up with a SD card installed; the 1.5v AAA appears to just lack the "kick" needed.

Ignoring the ominous warning about damaging the SD card if inserting while the RD1072 was on, I did exactly that; the SD and its files where recognized and played. Starting the RD1072 first and then starting the SD card second appears to demand less kick from the battery. This have been done several times and (as long as the SD is inserted firmly and securely) it has worked every time. Will this eventually physically damage the SD? Have no idea. Is it any different than inserting the SD into a 12-in-1 reader connected to a powered up computer? Can't say, but it sure seems similar in principle. Can a 1.5v RD1072 cause damage to a SD rated at 2.7v, or will it somehow eventually corrupt the files? Some EE guy(s), but not RCA's, will have to answer this one.

If the SD dies before the RD1072, I will defer to RCA's dire warnings. But until then, what RCA has to say holds no water since what they have said so far has been more inaccurate than accurate.

5. Read on some other sites that battery life shortens when using SD cards, that makes sense since it would be logical for an additional 128mb (384mb total) to eat up batteries faster than just the internal 256mb. More circuits, more juice; it should worsen even more when adding 256mb, 512mb, and 1G respectively. Sorry to disappoint everyone annoyed by this effect, but that's how the laws of physics work (at least in this universe).

In spite of all these shortcomings (and others that have yet to manifest), the RD1072 can be made to function, and it sounds pretty good for a $39 refurbished unit. This, of course, provided that one does not mind a few "Rube Goldberg" type work-arounds...

...hope my ramblings are helpful to someone.

Bronze Member

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 11
OK Just in case you haven't figured it out. RCA PRODUCTS suck. Take the piece of garbage back to the store where you bought it and get another brand! If you look at all the comments in this thread you can see just how crappy the Lyra's are. If you still haven't figured it out, go to the following web page. WWW.URfucked.com it is a RCA slammer web page. The forum there is quite interesting. AGAIN!!! If you bought a LYRA, TAKE that piece of garbage back to the store that sold it to you and get a different brand! Thats it!

Anonymous

I HAVE A RCA LYRA RD1028A AND I DID EVERYTHING THE DEMO TOLD ME AND I CAN'T SEEM TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC IN TO THE MUSICMATCH JUKEBOX BECAUSE IT SAYS ITS NOT AVAILBLE IN CANADA AND WHAT IS WINDOWS 98 SEC/WINDOWS MEDIA AUDIO.

mexbum42
Unregistered guest
I just got an RCA Lyra rd2850. Everythings fine except when i put the songs on the lyra a lot of the times it doesnt recognize the name and it goes under unknown artist. Is there any way to change it, so it goes under the right name? anything would be helpful.. thanks

Bronze Member

Mobile, Al USA

Post Number: 12
mexbum42 If you go to your music files, and click on each mp3 file, go to properties and make sure the name is what you want, then go to the summary tab and put the same name there. Then when you have re-labeled all the files, empty your lyra and drag and drop all the newly named mp3's on to the Lyra. You will then see the names you want on your unit. Just in case you haven't read the earlier forum letters, If at all possible, get rid of your Lyra and go for any other brand. You will have problems with the puppy, and get extreemely fed up with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us