I surrender: Can you please help me?

Beastie1
Unregistered guest
I have been trying to make up my mind on which speakers to go with to compliemnt my vegas in my living room. At this point I question everything but my reciever.

Can you guys make some suggestions for me?

You can see in the reference pic of what I am trying to accomplish: I would like some nice mains (to replace the Vegas) and some nice fronts to go next to the plasma and a nice center for vocals.

Budget is less than > or = 2k.

Thanks,

http://www.bpteck.com/stuff/LivingRoom/Reference.JPG

http://www.bpteck.com/stuff/LivingRoom/DSC00310.JPG

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7371

You're trying to "compliment" what you have or "replace" what you have? I thought we just went through 29 responses on another thread to determine your "potato" would be fine with the CV's. I think we might need some 'splanation of this, Lucy!

By the way, get your sub out of the middle of the room as it appears in the pictures. That is invariably the worst place for a sub to be sited.

Beastie1
Unregistered guest
"By the way, get your sub out of the middle of the room as it appears in the pictures. That is invariably the worst place for a sub to be sited."

HAHA! Tell that to my ex-girlfriend that took my 2 end tables! Its the only table i have at the moment.

Yes, i am/was trying to compliment my existing - but I would like to hear what you guys/gals would do if given my setup (room layout and RX-z9).

/salute

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 203
I don't understand the surrounds placed to the front of and in between your mains. You'd get rear sounds eminating from the front - wouldn't this sound a little wierd?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 707
Doesn't it hurt to have to look up to that TV all the way up there?

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 115
where is the picture being taken from? could you relocate gear and speakers to that wall? I dont know how that setup would sound with ANY speaker, imaging must be awkward no? If you cant do that, I might suggest getting bookshelves and wall mounts, or speaker stands and go from there? JMO

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1140
Advertise for a new girlfriend with end tables.

Oh and get a photo of the end tables.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7373

Yamaha = "front" (height)speakers. They're just supposed to be placed up high, not on the same level with the center speaker.

Imaging does not = CV's. So awkward is not the issue here.

Beastie, you're disappointing me. What's more important; good sound or a place to set your beer bottle? Why do you think you have knees?

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 204
Forget the end tables! Try getting the perfect girlfriend: 3 feet tall with a flat head (on which to set your beer bottle).

:-)

Beastie1
Unregistered guest
You guys are nuts.

The rears and center are connected just for giggles - as they are already disconnected. You guys get hung up on the smallest things.....

The photo was just for "reference" hence the name as implied.

No, there is no wall behind me - that is the breakfast room. So i have no wall to mount on from that side.

The room is setup to be diagonial - and yes its very hard to work with - hence me asking you guys for help.

Best Regards,

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7378

I didn't think the forum censors would let you post girlfriend and head in the same sentence. Though, really, the three feet are what will turn some guys on.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1150
You guys are nuts.
THATS what we get for all this help!?!? Hmpph.

And no teeth, Rantz.

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 208
Nuck

Nah, gotta have teeth - some bottles still don't have screw-tops!

But I did get your innuendo. Bad!

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1151
Oh, man the bottle opener angle is fresh to me.
I'm gonna use that one!LOL

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7386

It's a great opening line at any bar. You'll know right away whether she's the girl for you.

Gold Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1156
Naw, my wife has teeth...and pipes!
Keeps me in line.
5'1".

Does this help Beastie to stop calling us nuts?

I'll pass it along to the sons.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us