Speakers for Nad C352

salimriaz
Unregistered guest
i need some advice on speakers for my Nad C352. many ppl have suggested the wharfedale 9.1s while others point to the Monitor Audio B1s and B2s.
any suggestions folks? im also thinking about Kef q1s.

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 188
Dont rule out B&W either, the 602 S3 suit the NAD very well. Dynaudio 42's and even the Rega floorstanders (R3 IIRC) sounded pretty impressive, but you should try to listen to as many as possible before buying.

milpai
Unregistered guest
I am using the Quad 21L with NAC C352 and Marantz SA-8260. Very happy!!

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 183
I agree with ca_convert that the 602S3's go well with NAD. I am using them with the C162/C272 combo. But, as they all say, it's your ears so try auditon a variety.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

New York City, New York

Post Number: 860
I personally prefer PSB and/or Paradigm, depending on the price point and type of speaker (none of which you've mentioned). All of the speakers that have been suggested are very good speakers, and their are a lot more that are equally good that haven't been mentioned. I don't think any one speaker here is universally accepted as the best. The best would be the ones you like the most and can afford.

salimriaz
Unregistered guest
thanks guys. what all of you say makes a lot of sense - there's no alternative to listening. but getting advice from you all makes it easier for someone like me to choose what all i should audition. out here in india, auditions are not easy to arrange and there's no policy that allows one to take home a couple of models to listen and choose one. The Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s retail here for approx Rs 12500/- thats equivalent to about USD 275/-, so i guess that's my budget. I also listen to a lot of acoustic stuff and do not like my speakers to be too sibilant. other music that i listen to includes mainly rock and stuff like Steely Dan, 10,000 maniacs, grateful dead, floyd etc., to give you an idea. recently heard a pair of Monitor Audio floorstanders driven through an Audio Analogue amp - loved it. but too expensive :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Skareb

Post Number: 35
I've tried the 352 with diamond 9.1 but I didnt like the setup, I find the 9.1 treble to be harsh and blanket, so I sold it and bought a pair of audiopro black pearl V2, kept it till now for almost a year.

Wont really compared both the speaker as the audiopro is twice the price of the 9.1 so its not a fair comparison, just letting you know what my experience was. But in terms of value I would saw YES the diamond 9.1 is worth the cash you spend.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1166
Personally I prefer the B&W DM600 to the Diamond 9.1. The 9.1 has a rather obvious, fruity sound to the bass. The B&W is a little better balanced in my view. In fact, I think the DM600 is the best balanced speaker in the B&W 600 series. Sure, it's not as big sounding and doesn't have as much presence as the 601 or 602, but overall it is a better balanced result.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us