Axiom or???

Username: Pko

Post Number: 2
I am looking for some advice on a home theater system. Money is not an object but want quality state of the art components and the same high end matching speakers. My question is this to all the audioholics who care to give some advice. Denon or Yamaha on the AVR, and what combination of matching speakers. Thanks and I look forward to all responses

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 603
I would go with the "or" as I owned AXIOM's before and they were very bright with NAD so imagine using Denon or Yamaha!!!

PSB is a great choice as is Wharfedale's new series of Diamonds and Totem also has a new series for AV at around 2400$ that is really good.

I cannot recommend the Denon or Yamaha as I am not a fan of either....Arcam, Nad and Rotel would be a great choice for amplification. You should try and listen to some gear before choosing since you did mention money was no object, you would be better off taking your time.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 389
I love my Monitor Audio Radius set-up, and can strongly recommend it, but if money were not an object, I would strongly consider the Paradigm Reference Series. To a rational fledgling-audiophile like myself, it's about as good as you get.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 108
Money no object? aerial acoustics, or revel for the speakers should be looked at, and either bryston or mark levinson for amplification. JMO, as you will get many more recommendations, and if you can afford these it is worth your time to audition along with everything else that will be mentioned. You can do much better than what has been mentioned if your willing to spend$$$$$

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 605
Just read your post properly and re-read the "money no factor" part.

I would agree with David however your best bet is to listen as we all have our own tastes! Good luck.

Username: Pko

Post Number: 4
I am leaning on the Monitor GR-20's with the GR Centre and a pair of the GRfx to round out the surround. With the Denon 4806 AVR. Any/all advice on this match up. Room dimensions are 20 X 20 with vaulted ceiling from 9-15 feet. Thanks PK

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2656
If money is no object I would be looking at a Theta pre/pro and power amp with ProAc Response series speakers. Without money as a limiting factor I would never be looking at a mass market AVR.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 390
Art, how much would those suckers cost?

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 391
I must presume that someone who initiates this thread inquiring about Axiom, is not the ProAc league yet, and may, despite the claims that "money is no object", collapse from "sticker shock" to learn what some "mid-end", let alone "high-end", speakers can cost today.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1065
Let's play 'spend PK's money'.
You had best not be as cheap as Ben Stein.
Linn KOMRI speakers as a nice pair, with Bryston 7b sst amps, and a nice Jolida tube cdp, with the Linn uni player as an option.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 392
O.K., if you insist. It not HT equipment, but what the heck...

I want couple of these DIY Fostex full-range monters
Upload

And this Univac-Buck Rogers thing-of-beauty
Upload

Silver Member

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 608
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 681