NAD T-743 or Denon 1906?

Username: Zalves

Post Number: 1
Hi

I would like to know if anyone can tell wich is a better choice, I'm not looking for huge power, what I really want is to have nice quality not only watching movies, but also to use with stereo. both cost me the same price, but the NAD comes with a NAD dvd player T-513.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4943
I like the sound of NAD more than Denon. Have you listened to these yourself? You really would be a better judge of what you like more than anyone else.

Username: Fatelvis

Post Number: 3
How much do you like background hiss? If you can't get enough of it, go with the T743.

Silver Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 174
I have a 743, and there is very little background hiss -- especially compared to the Sony ES it replaced. Also keep in mind that it is a 5.1 channel receiver. I've been running it pretty regularly for about two years now, and can make the following observations:
1. It never runs hot, no matter how long I have it on.
2. I have a moderately sized room and it delivers more than enough power (speaker sensitivity = 90 dB).
3. It has an excellent remote.
4. You pay for performance, not features. While it has the necessities (including pre-amp inputs and outputs, wideband component switching, and an adjustable cross-over), you won't see some of the bells and whistles that are often found on the (newer) mainstream models.

Silver Member
Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 175
I should add that I originally bought the 743 just to "get me by" for a few months until I found something "bigger and better," but have found absolutely no reason to upgrade since then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us