In need of speaker advice

Gaspe Pen
Unregistered guest
I recently had the good fortune to acquire a mint condition Lirpa 1b amplifier at a relatively reasonable price. I am pairing this classic audio gem with the unsurpassed Jolida JD100A tube CD player. But I am at a loss as to the optimal speakers that would do this equipment justice. Maggies, Quads, Walsh Ohm, Rectilinear, Macintosh, or perhaps ....? I am throwing the matter open for suggestions from the many wise audiophile experts with far greater experience than I.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 103
Gaspe, the only problem I see with your post is that you are asking us to be your ears, which is not possible. You are going to get so many recommendations here that your head will be spinning. There are many fine speakers out there that will sound great with your gear, but without a price range to start at, at the very least, weve nothing to go on. My suggestion is to get out there and demo, demo, demo. Your sure to find the right match that suits you. I could tell you what Id pair them with, but it wouldnt do YOU any good. If your just wanting speaker suggestions, or what members here either own or have heard just say so, and watch what happens.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7234

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/191452.html

Reviewing a Lirpa 1 product was the April issue (April Fool's Day) tradition at Audio magazine for many, many years. There never was a single Lirpa product, just pictures in the articles that looked like Rube Golbderg concoctions. Gaspe Pen is simply Graspe Pen for a chuckle several months too soon.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 104
yea, but I liked the tube cd player.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 105
Gaspe, the only problem I see with your post is that you are asking us to be your ears, which is not possible(subtle hint)

It ended too quick, couldve been fun though, I was actually looking forward to John Wagners recommendations!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7237

Copy and paste. JW won't mind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us