Outlaw owners who have owned NAD.

Bronze Member
Username: Newfie

Post Number: 35
First let me say that I have owned 5 NAD recivers, all were defective. I loved the sound so much that I almost bought a 6th. There comes a time when no matter how good something sounds, if it isn't reliable... you cut your losses.

So, I'm now looking to start an informative discussion on Outlaw separates and receivers. I'm hoping that folks who have actually heard and owned Outlaw products will give me honest unbiased responses. I'd prefer if this doesn't turn into a NAD dicussion. Let's talk Outlaw.

I'd like to know; How does the sound compare to NAD (I owned a T763)? Are there any common reliabilty issues with Outlaw? How's Outlaw's service? Are the power ratings over rated or conservative? etc...

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 226
I haven't owned NAD, but considered a 773 before buying Outlaw. I am not using an Outlaw pre-amp at this time, but plan to replace my HK AVR with one at some point.

As far as the Outlaw amps go. The sound is much more neutral than NAD, which I find to be somewhat warm. I wouldn't consider the Outlaws bright, but definitely more neutral than NAD. Clarity and detail from the Outlaw amps are exceptional. There are no reliability issues with Outlaw that I know of - everything I've seen seems to be isolated incidents. I have not had to deal with their service department, but I have never had any problems getting hold of a live person during normal business hours when I've called with questions. The power ratings are real towards conservative. These amps are beasts. Ratings are all-channels driven.

I would suggest you pay a visit to the Outlaw forums, as you'll likely find more people there that have also owned NAD than you will here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Thanks Ziggy.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4827
I have a T773 I love the sound except for the hiss/hum. I had a friend try it out and see if he would like to purchase the unit and ended up not tolerating the same things. He ended up with Outlaw Audio.

I also have Outlaw Audio equipment. A 970 connected to 5 model 200s and a Kenwood connected to a 7100.

The ratings are conservative.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Berny,

How do you think the Outlaw compares to the Nad T773? Music in two channel is my first concern.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4830
I think the Outlaw audio is a tad more detailed/neutral. I like them both in stereo. Different, yes, but neither is better than the other.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Thanks for your opinion Berny. It will help when I make a purchase.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Ziggy, could you point me in the direction of some other forums that talk a little more about Outlaw Audio?

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 227
Other than Outlaw's forums, no. In case you didn't find them on Outlaw's page...
http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/cgi-local/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Also, there are several reviews on audioreview.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Thanks Ziggy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us