Confused

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 64
Everyone tells me that the best way to connect my NAD C542 cd player to my NAD T763 receiver is via the analog outs in order to take advantage of the C542's better DAC's. I understand this, but I use small speakers and a sub with my receiver's crossover setting at 80. That means the analog signal from the cd player is going through an A/D convesion in the receiver for bass management, then back to analog to be sent to the speakers reaulting in multiple signal conversions. Am I missing something here? Wouldn't it be better to just use the cd player's digital out so that the signal only goes through one convesion? If I had full range front speakers then the analog connection would be best, but with small ones I'm not sure. Thanks for your help!!

nout
Unregistered guest
I don't understand either, but have you tried it already, use the cd player's digital out so that the signal only goes through one convesion?

What sounds better? That's what counts. (although I would'nt be surprised if you do not hear a difference)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us