Close to a decision (finally)

Username: Moodymusic

Post Number: 1
After lurking around here for some time and gathering information I went out and listened to speakers from B&W, energy, Boston, JMlabs, Def Tech, Klipsh, and Paradigm. These are the dealders I could find in my area. To my untrained ears I preferred the sound of the paradigm studio series. I am trying to build a 5.1 home theater system. My choice for front speakers is Paradigm studio 60's. Center CC470 or CC570. Now for the surrounds. My listing area is about 18' wide x 20' long with cathedral ceiling and open on the left side to the kitchen area. Should I use the ADP 470 for surrounds or studio 20s? The dealer said I could just a pair of Titans. My listening will be 85% movie 15% music. In my search for speakers I got quotes for different systems from 3 different stores. The only store that gave no discount off MSRP was you the Paradigm dealer. Do Paradigms usually sell at MSRP or are discounts available. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2626
I think you will be satisfied with your choice. Your surrounds depend to a great extent on what you want from your system. If you will be listening to multichannel music then the Studio 20's are the best choice. If you feel that you need the fully enveloping movie experience than perhaps the ADP's are the right choice. I prefer the versatility of having direct speakers for rears that's why I chose the Studio 20's for my system. You should be able to get a system discount of at least 10%. Enjoy!

Username: Moodymusic

Post Number: 2
Thanks Art most of my music is 2 channel and placement of the ADP's will probably be easier and more wife friendly. But they sure are not giving them away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us