Need help getting the right amp/speakers to use with mp3 triggered sound effects

Robot Man
Unregistered guest
I am working on a costume that I want to use sound effects with and am having some trouble. I tried hooking an mp3 player up to some thin, flat panel speakers I bought at Best Buy which I hung around my neck, but in public they just weren't loud enough. I tried a Boosteroo, but it still didn't make it loud enough and the sound was distorted.

So I asked someone in the know, but with no extra time on his hands, and he said that I needed: "An amp kit...which includes a small circuit board, complete with IC chip, capacitors, resisters and a potentiometer for volume. It should be between the 9-14 volt range and works best with 8 ohm low profile cone speakers."

That sounds great and everything, but I have no idea what any of that stuff is or where to buy it. I've tried car stereo places, but they can't help me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really have no clue.

A Clemence
Unregistered guest
how much room do you have to work with and how much space, not too sure you'll get a decent amp at the size your after let alone the voltage requirements, 9-14V sounds like you want to power it off standard non-car batteries so you wouldn't get much power at all... personally i wouldn't even bother as anything with your requirements is going to distort at a reasonable volume... imo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us