Thank You to all Ecoustics posters.

Username: John_mca

Post Number: 1
I actually broke down and finally registered. I am nearing the end of my search to replace my old system. I wanted to thank everyone who regularly posts for your advice over the past year. I particularly want to thank Edster and Peter for pointing out the EBAY Harmon-Kardon site where I ended up buying the 430 at a low low price. Art Kyle, Christopher M, Tim Forman, Jan Vigne, Dakulis, Edster and many others for speaker advice. Though I was very tempted by the descriptions of Emma and even thought about Ascend, I ended buying the speakers which sounded best to me -- the most like live music as Jan would say -- Paradigm Studio 20V3s. I will keep watching and maybe even posting from time to time. Thank you everyone for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1022
First, John, thanks for registering, it means a lot.

Secondly, good choices on your pieces, looks good from here.
Enjoy, and keep us informed.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 374
I'm honored to even be mentioned in that group. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2623
Thank you John for letting us know how your search has progressed.

Username: Jsb

Evanston, IL

Post Number: 1
I'm in the same boat as John. Been lurking around here for a month or so, enjoying reviews and comments on speakers. Frankly, I had never even heard of Alegria, but the threads on the Lings and Emmas intrigued me enough to give them a shot. Yesterday, my new Emmas arrived (thanks Tim!) and I'm really happy with them.

I certainly don't consider myself in the same audio league as anyone John mentioned, but I do enjoy good sound and hope to contribute in the future. Thanks to all for the helpful input!

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 786
John,

Congratulations on a very good starting point into audio. The Paradigm speakers sound beautiful, provide a great soundstage and should serve you for a long time. Enjoy and let us know what you hear after everything breaks in.

Scott, I am jealous. I'm still waiting patiently for the Emmas to arrive for a listen, and possibly an extended stay in my 2 channel system, possibly as a starter or maybe for a change of pace off the bench.

It will depend upon a number of factors. So, I'd be interested in your thoughts and what equipment you're using to feed those puppies. Good luck, Dave.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 710
Thanks for considering my product John and thanks to you Scott.
I appreciate the feedback and your sharing it here.

Username: Jsb

Evanston, IL

Post Number: 2
Dave - My system is nothing too exotic. I have a Denon 2805 receiver and Denon 2200 DVD. Sub is an Onix Rocket UFW-10, rear speakers are late 80s Mission Model 70s, center is from Cambridge Soundworks.

I have the luxury of working from home, so have been giving the Emmas a good workout for the past 3 days. I am continually impressed by the sound they pump out. The bottom end is especially impressive. I can't really compare them to other speakers out there because I don't really get much of a chance to hear others. All I know is that every disc I play is being heard in a new way and I love it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us