HEELLP please NAD vs. Denon

SeanM
Unregistered guest
I wonder if you guys could help me.
75% music
25% movies
Ii½m trying to decide between the NAD T-753 and the Denon 3806 or the new incoming 2807. The thing is hat everyone I ask about, tells me that NAD has much better sound quality over the Denon, but on the other hand I see the postings and cani½t stop reading about the buzz or hum on the NAD.
So are those noises very noticeable and I should go for the Denon, or not. Or you cani½t tell the difference between the sound quality of this amps but I should go for the Denon because it has more features. Or go for the NAD because of his great sound, besides the noise is not noticeable.

please help me
Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2621
I think you should read the hundreds of other comments made on this subject here on this forum and decide for yourself.

Bronze Member
Username: Patriots_fan

Post Number: 26
I had a denon and got rid of it for a NADT763 and couldn't be happier. Has all the features I need and sounds so much better. No hiss/hum issues.

You should probably go play around with both recievers you're considering for awhile in the stores and then make your own decision Sean.

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 82
The NAD sound is great, no doubt there. I own a T773 and love the sound. It's everything else about it that I hate. Picky, finicky, noisy, and now - as I just found out, has no adjustment for audio delay (usefull if you connect source video direct to monitor, and audio direct to AVR).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
BTW - I'm on my FOURTH NAD (one 762, two 763's, and now a 773)... and I'm STILL not that satisfied.

Username: Seanm

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Argentina

Post Number: 1
So Brad you would suggest to go for the Denon??
Forget about Outlaw I'm in Argentina, we don't have that brand in particular.
What we have is, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, McIntosh, NAD, Meridian, arcam.
But for the price range for me is Denon or Nad.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4803
In all honesty I really like the sound of my T773 over the Denon (I compared it to a 3806) I find the Denon a little too sterile. I just cannot tolerate the hiss when the volume is turned all the way down, and it seems to permeate in low musical passages.

But you really should try and listen to them both and make your own judgement. Who knows, you might like the Denon over the NAD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Santiago... in answer to your question - see what Berny has to say! I agree with him.

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 84
Agree with Brad and Berny, I owed a 773 loved the sound, just couldn't take the Hiss so I traded for an arcam 250 and i've been happy ever since...If the hiss doesn't bother you go with the nad it's a clear winner versus the Denon specially in stereo.

Username: Seanm

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires Argentina

Post Number: 2
I think I'm going to check some of these, i'll listen to them as you told me, hope I can run into a conclusion.
Cheers

Username: Mrdiablin

Post Number: 9
I had the same problem as Yours, but ofcourse decision is very difficult but as fresh NAD T-753 owner I can say that I`m very happy with my choice and I don`t have any doubt about it. Sound is perfect. Everywhere I was listening to Receivers I was told to take NAD rather Denon, so I did it.

Username: Fatelvis

Post Number: 4
NAD better get it straight and soon. Their A/V gear leaves much to be desired... I have not had good experiences with any of their DVD players or A/V receivers. And for sound quality -- even the lowly c320BEE blows away the T743/T753.

Of course, the 2 channel analog stuff is great!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5932
What do you use in the meantime for AV gear?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us