Dual home theater speaker suggestions

Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 3
2 rooms. 2 setups. what i have. denon 3805 yamaha rx-v657 dm605s2's dm 601s2's lcr6s2 ds6's dm303's cc6s3. basically, i want to have a main home theater setup 7.1 w/ and in another room a 5.1 setup. for this i was thinking about buying the dm603s3's for the front of my secondary system or the 602's. the dilemma is whether to use the 603's or 602's as the rears on my main system or the fronts on my secondary system. is having the 602's/ 603's too much for the rears on my main system and would they be better for the fronts on my secondary.?? or do u think i should just use the 602's or 3's as fronts on my secondary ? sorry if this is a confusing question but i need a 2nd opinion. thanks

Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 4
ok i picked up a asw675 sub for $380 used at my local dealer and will pair it with the dm602.5's
for the main portion of my secondary system. I listened for a very long time to the 603's vs the 602.5's in the listening room with the exact same receiver that im using. i was with my fiance at the time and strangely enough, we both liked the overall sound of the 602.5's over the 603's. i really didn't understand why i liked it better because in my head i had built the 603s up. my findings are as an avid listener and not a technical guru at any measure so how i describe the two speakers differences will be basic. the 602.5's sounded more spacious and clear. it sounded like you could pick out the little details much easier with the 602.5's. while the 603's obviously didn't sound much worse to us, we found them to be a bit more muddled sounding, like the bass was almost interfering with the overall sound quality of the unit. that said the 603s did have far greater bass output but just didn't seem to mix well enough with the highs and mids, seemed inproportionate (unproportianate) not sure if either is a word but u get my drift. that said, the receiver we used was a denon avr3805 cranked at -6 db on the unit with 40 hz crossover and the speaker were not close to a wall they were pulled away about 4-5 feet. i understand positioning could have played a factor in this, but i was sold after listening actually believing the 602.5's to be a better sounding speaker to me. coupled with a single asw675 i believe will this setup will own the 603's
any other actual listening tests done on these 2 speakers side by side i would really be interested to know ur findings
later on dudes;
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us