5.1 setup for under $7000

khsuzs
Unregistered guest
I am looking to buy a 5.1 setup for under $4000. I looked at Paradigm Studio 60, B&W 704 and Definitive Technology Mythos 1. What would you recommend as the best speaker system for $4K.

I also need to buy a good Amp/Processor that supports at least 5.1 but would prefer something that supports 7.1 for future expansion. I would be willing to spend $3000 for the Amp setup.

My local store1 suggested I buy anthem A5, AVR300, Studio 60 pair, 470 pair for surround and 570 for center and a good sub. But this pushes the cost by another $1500 or so. This store also suggested as an option to use Parasound Halo A52/C2 combo for amp with the same speaker setup.

Store2 suggested to buy Rotel RSX-1067 for receiver and B&W 704 and smaller center and surround this would be under the total $7000 budget.

My store1 said that Rotel RSX-1067 will not be very good for paradigm studio 60 setup as they are really made for B&W.

What would you suggest as best speaker/amp combo. I really like the look of Rotel RSX-1067 but if it is not great than I would rather buy something else.

Bronze Member
Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 43
Nothing wrong with the rotel at all, about a year old, but even for that, its pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4747
khsuzs
The first thin gyou need to do is verify that the Rotel Paradigm combination is not as good as your sales representative is claiming. The only way to do that would be to actually listen to the units yourself and not to rely on another person's ears.

There are those who like the Rotel/Paradigm combo as well as the Rotel B&W combo. It is all a matter of preference.

khsuzs
Unregistered guest
Has anyone done a comparison on Paradigm Studio 100 with Signature S2. They are almost same price. If size of the speaker is not an issue what would you recommend. From what I have heard is that Studio 100 has better loudness where as S2 does not but S2 has much better component for overall better sound quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us