Problems with NAD L53 receiver

Anonymous

Excuse my double post, I accidentally posted this on the dvd-players topic.

I've just bought a Nad L53 dvd-receiver with two dali concept 6 boxes and it works just fine, however, I don't know how I can run the television-sound through the two boxes... I've read the manual a few times and try pretty much everything but it still doesn't work. I wondered if anyone could help me.

Gvenk
Unregistered guest
It took me about an hour to get my TV sound out of this receiver (so much for plug and play aspect of this "lifestyle" product) because of some idiosyncracies in this unit.

You haven't told us what kind of connectivity you have from the TV - digital optical? digital coax? analog audio out?

Without that information I cannot give precise instructions.

The problem I had had to do with using digital optical cable from the TV to the receiver. First, the optical digital will ONLY work when you put the receiver into the VCR input mode (it is hardwired into that input mode for reasons known only to NAD engineers) and then by default the audio inout in that mode was the analog input and so I had to change that to the digital optical until the display said VCR/OPTICAL.

If the above doesn't help, tell us exactly how you are connecting it and we should be able to figure it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us