Newbie Primer?

Hi all!

Of course I found this forum after ordering a Kenwood 6070 receiver and Pioneer S-FCRw720-S. Basically i ordered these speaker because they had 6 speakers and 1 sub for 6.1 sound. Anyway will they work? I am PC oriented and had my PC using a SB Live 5.1 hooked via digital din to Cambridege 3500 speakers/digital decoder and ran my DVD player through it as well. Well the speakers and dd died.
I know nothing about receivers and speakers and their connections. Can someone recommed a web site which may explain hook ups(speakers, am ok on DVD and TV hookups)? I have no idea where to plug in speakers, saw back of receiver with preouts? and other connections, but have no clue at the moment. Thanks all for whatever help you can provide!

Bill

The manual that comes with your receiver will have hookup diagrams and concise instructions. If you want to look at it now, you could go the the kenwoodusa web site and download a pdf version of the manual.

I've read that www.Crutchfield.com, an internet seller, maintains photos and hookup information on their site. Various other internet sellers have tutorial documents available. Perhaps you can find something useful here at the ecoustics site.

Connecting speakers is not very hard.

Greg

Warder45
If you don't mind me asking where did you find those speakers? I've been looking for some pioneer sets and can't find any, not even on their website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us