HELP ME!!!!! .. please : )

Username: Sportsstud145

Post Number: 1
Okay so im 18 and i just picked up a whole stereo system from a friends parents for my house im moving into... and its all really old Technics stuff (floor speakers..tape..cd...tuner...reciever...and equalizer). I am having trouble figuring out how to hook up the equalizer. The Eq has a "LINE IN" "LINE OUT" ["REC OUT" "PLAYBACK" tape] and i dont know what to hook those up to!!! Someone please help! thanks!

Username: Crashburn

Post Number: 4
Off topic abit, but question none the less.

I have an old Technics CD player myself but haven't had the oppertunity to get er' up and running. Got it off a frined not too long ago.

What do you think of Technics and it's performance?

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 952
ok Mike here we go.

Connect all componants(except the eq) to the receiver as stated on the rear panel of the receiver.
Now, connect 'tape out' from the reciever to the Line in of the eq.
Line out of the eq goes to the Playback tape of the receiver.

Use 'Tape monitor' on, for the eq to work.

Anonymous

Can you run 7 speakers off 5.1 receiver by splitting the signal? I'm not looking for 7.1 sound but have additional speakers. I'm assuming I can just split the signal going to one speaker into 2 speakers but I'm not certain if it will cause problems.

thanks

Anonymous

Can you run 7 speakers off 5.1 receiver by splitting the signal? I'm not looking for 7.1 sound but have additional speakers. I'm assuming I can just split the signal going to one speaker into 2 speakers but I'm not certain if it will cause problems.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 652
Why would you need to do that? Do you have a room so big that it needs 7 speakers to fill it up?

If you are thinking you can somehow add sound quality by adding two more speakers, you won't. It won't add much to the HT experience either when sound that was designed to say come out of the left and right front channels are now coming out of front and side channels.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us