HDCD Catalogue

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 121
I know this should probably be put on the Music thread but I feel it is warranted here for hdcd enthusiasts.

http://www.hitbutiken.com/hdcd/index.php?p=home&lang=en

This catalogue is built by members and is becoming an ever increasing list of HDCD titles. Please join and contribute if you are interested.

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 167
Wow this is great, just what Ive been looking for since Microsoft stopped listing HDCD encoded recordings.

Ive noticed some variations though in quality: for example Keb Mo's Slow Down is an awesome recording in HDCD, yet Mark Knopflers Sailing to Philadelphie is a bit disappointing.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 123
I recently played "Shangrila" in HDCD and thought it was about equal to the DVD-A version. I was quite impressed. I'll try the "Sailing To Phil . . ." HDCD version soon and report my thoughts back here. Like all formats, there is variations in quality I guess.

Bronze Member
Username: Musicluvr

Post Number: 37
Here's a strange one. On Eric Clapton's "Chronicles" - the first track, "Blue Eyes Blue" is HDCD encoded, but the rest of the disk is not. I wasn't really disappointed because I bought the CD from the used section of my local record store and I was actually a little suprised when the HDCD LED on my player lit up. I looked at it as an added bonus, but if you buy a new copy of "Chronicles" expecting to get a whole CD worth of HDCD music, well, you might be disappointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us