RX-V1500 vs. RX-V2500 Yamaha

Username: Crazyconrad007

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Both of these are on sale 1500 for $699.99 (Cdn)
2500 for $899.99 (Cdn)
Besides the little bit higher power rating on the 2500 should i splurg and pay $200 more for the 2500? Any reviews on either receiver? Any comments?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2574
They sound the same with the primary difference being power. You will want every last bit of power that you can wring from a Yamaha receiver. If you can swing it buy the 2600.

Username: Edu_da_florida

Post Number: 4
Art, I've been reading your postings. You seem very knowledgeable and I've learned a lot from your comments. I've been looking to buy the 2600 as well. How does it compare with the Denon 3806, though? Both have pretty much the features I've been looking for, such as multi-zone, 7.1, self adjusting, etc. They are also similar in price. In your opinion, which one would be a better match for the Axion Epic Master 350 speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2589
It's funny that you ask Edu. I just compared those 2 receivers last Saturday at a place called Kelly's Appliance in Salem. I hadn't heard the latest Def Tech floorstanders and they had those receivers hooked up to them. I'll start by saying that the features on the 2600 are unbeatable. A versatile and good sounding receiver which works mates well with neutral and warm speakers. My understanding about Axiom speakers is that they have a little emphasis on high end that may not make them a good match with the Yammie. The Denon also sounded very good. Voices were a little fuller and the sound is more lush with the Denon. I preferred the Yamaha RX-V2600 with the Def Techs but would suggest that you listen for yourself. The XM radio on the Yamaha has been a real plus for me. If you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Anonymous

Conrad L. : Can you please share where you found the units sale (in cdn$) ?
Thanks.

Username: Crazyconrad007

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Gibbys audio video. St. Catharines, ONT (boxxing day sale)
www.gibbysaudiovideo.com
They still have them on sale, although there selling the 1500 for $799.99 now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us