320BEE and Focal JMLab Speakers?

notacatfight
Unregistered guest
Listened to the Martin Logans, just for the smell of it, and was blown away! Too rich for these pockets so I gave the LSI9's and 7's a shot, but they sounded too laid back. Saw these speakers with the little squiggle logo and gave them a listen-pretty nice. Any thoughts on the Focal's/squiggle logo speakers? Are they a reputable company, or just some brand cast off to the chain stores? The 806 sounded pretty good, with a very nice bottom, but it was the 816's that really opened up and revealed detail in my music that I had never heard before. Are they a pretty good complement to the NAD brand?

Help!

My Tweeter store credit must be used by the end of January (loooooong story, don't ask).

Rumadian
Unregistered guest
JM LAB is a very reputable company out of France. You will find no 'made in china' stickers anywhere on the product.

As for their sound - most of their speakers require a degree of experimenting to achieve admirable performance. Most of the Focal drivers love a good tube amp / pre amp combo.

In short - they are good, real good. Don't worry about the integrity of that company or their products. They are legends already.

The NAD 320 BEE works real well with Chorus 706-S. The NAD 370 integrated may be more suitable for the Cobalt series towers you heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us