Paradigm Monitors - v.3 vs v.4

Bronze Member
Username: Idealconcepts

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 12
Ok, I posted this in the wrong section so here it goes again. I finally got the last pair (Paradigm Monitor 9 v.4 not shielded) of speakers for my HT, good timing since we are moving in about 4 weeks to our final home until we retire in about 30 years. My other speakers consist of Monitor 9 v.3 (shielded) , CC-370 v.3, and Velodyne CHT 12. My question is what are the difference between the v.3 and v.4 (regarding the Monitor 9s) and will I be able to tell the difference? I curious, even though I plan to use the 9v.4 as the mains and the 9v.3 as the surround. Any comments or feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance and the speakers are being powered by a Rotel RMB 1075 AMP (with a Rotel RSP 1066 Processor, these from what I recall are the correct models but I could be wrong).

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2532
There is very little difference between the v3 and v4 Paradigm Monitor speakers. Your new v4's will be a timbre match for your old v3's. It should make for a fun system...enjoy. Give your new speakers time to break in and they will be fine.

Bronze Member

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 13
Thanks Art Kyle, I been breaking them in but slowly, I don't want to run my amp continuously for long periods of time. I hoping by the time we move, week of January 16th, they should be broken in or close to it. Can you give me your input on the range of time it takes to break them in? I was told at the shop I bought them at it takes anywhere from 10-50 hours. Anyone else have input on break in?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2546
Paradigm drivers are very tight and take longer than many other speakers to break in. It also depends on what you listen to. Give it several weeks, longer if you listen to primarily jazz and classical and shorter if you listen to rhythm section heavy music.

Bronze Member

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 14
Thanks Art Kyle. That should be perfect then, I'll have them on while we are moving into the new home (i'm moving all the HT stuff, besides the TV, first) and so they should sound better and better. Now hopefully my sub can handle the room size.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us