Rotel CD player or not

Username: Nytefog

Post Number: 7
i just ordered a rotel 1067 and am now looking into getting a CD player. I want a pretty high quality unit. I'm not sure if Rotel is a good pick or maybe something else. What are some other brands that other would recommend looking at? NAD?

Post Number: 8
or possibly the Arcam DiVA CD73

Post Number: 9
i'm interested in a cd player that will give good definition to midbass and bass but not over exaggerate it.

Post Number: 10
any feedback would be great

Bronze Member
Username: Nadz

California

Post Number: 22
Go with what your ear likes. There both outstanding and only differ in subtle ways.

Username: Mlhm5

Post Number: 4
No secret that Shanling is Vincent in Europe and Music Hall here in the USA.

Here is 6 Moons write up of the $600 Music Hall CD-25 (Shanling CD-S100) that you can buy from many places for $190.
http://www.nysound.com/exec/servlet/CategoryServlet?action=shopping&category=2110

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/musichall/cd25.2.html
Review

Upload

Want higher qualit, no problem - How about a Shanling CD-A10T Tube CDP HDCD for $400
Upload

Here is the review v. the s100
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rdgtl&1084467710&read&3&4&

Bronze Member
Username: Hieu_phan

Post Number: 14
I had a chance to audition Rotel RCD-1072 vs NAD 542 last month and both really sound detailed and have tight bass. In terms of mid I'd go for Rotel for it has clear vocal reproduction. Both have HDCD decoder but Rotel is upgradable with a detachable power cord. Rotel RCD-1072 build looks stylish and strong but the black side ears are kinda space consuming. You may not fit it nicely on a standard rack.

Bronze Member
Username: Patriots_fan

Post Number: 14
Look into the Jolida JD 100 Patrick. It is a $900 tube cd player. Sounds better than NAD or Rotel. They are a little hard to find though.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2600
The Rotel mates well with Rotel amps. I listened to the 1072 yesterday with a Rotel integrated driving Paradigm Studio 20's. The system had great drive and dynamics. The Rotel player isn't as open and airy in the middle as the NAD but it is really a matter of taste which you prefer.

Anonymous

both the Rotel and the NAD are overhyped, just get yourself the Music Hall and you'll be very happy.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2607
They carry the Music Hall where I listened to the Rotel. Talk about overhyped. You can have the Music Hall.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 314
Sounds like somewhere you'd take your gran for a dance :-)

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 130
The new music hall cdp didn't get a postive review and it has many upgrades over the first version...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us