Any surprise (A/V) gifts out there for christmas?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 590

All right everybody, did anyone get a surprise A/V gift from a spouse, friend, family etc. Share your stories?

Or did you all blow enough money on A/V equipment that nobody felt you were that needy?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2516
LOL....I'd say the latter Stof! Although I did get a nice gift certificate to House of Records in Eugene. It's a funky little record (yes I mean vinyl) store in the university district.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 67
pink floyd live in pompei from my son. Kiss live in vegas from my wife! The amazing thing is they cant stand either band! You? As to the latter, my wife refuses to spend that kind of money on something that would inevitably "force" me to change something else!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2517
Pink Floyd ...cool, Kiss...not so much..lol! I bought myself the U2 at Slane Castle, Rush 30, and Queen with Paul Rodgers DVD's. I've only seen the U2 so far and it is just awesome. I don't actually own any Rush music but I've seen them live 3 times (1975, 1978, and 1983) so it's just a bit of nostalgia for me. Never really liked their studio music but their live performance are so well done and professional that I've always enjoyed their concerts. The Queen DVD is more curiosity than anything.

David, my wife knows not to get attached to any audio gear as it is just as likely to be goin' as comin'.

Anonymous

I got a ARCAM 300 from my wife...what a woman! Total surprise. Any thoughts on a good DVD player to get0 to finish the system?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2522
She have a sister? LOL !!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 830
Hey Art, when you listen to R30, lemme know what you think.
I mentioned the collection over on speakers, and wonder if its just me(although I have 15 or so Rush recordings)

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 833
Anon, give that lovely lady a peck on the cheek from me, as well as probably 99% of us.
A lotta pecks, but a lotta gift!
Woo hoo!

March right back for the FMJ cdp!

Absolutely no way to go wrong.

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
Well Anon wins the prize

Username: Firedawg24

Post Number: 4
I got a Yammie HTR 5890, Now I just need more cables to plug into the back. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 821
I asked my wife for a McIntosh MA6900 integrated amp for $hits and giggles. Her side of the family had a list where everyone put a few things on it and somehow the Mac ended up on it under my name. I guess I can't accuse her of not paying attention. I thought it would be comical to leave it on the list and see people's reactions.

6 of the 10 people went to the local hi-fi dealer because they had no clue what it was or how much it was. Some jackass (my father in-law) got a box approximately the size of it, put a 30lb weight in it and wrapped it up. The note inside the box said "Did you really think we're stupid enough to buy you a $5000 amplifier?" I thought it was a classy come-back.

Like Art, I also got a gift certificate to a vinyl shop.

I was back home for the holidays and away from the computer. Hope everyone had a good time...

Silver Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 941
Glad to hear it Stu.
Home for the holidays is the best

My wife paid the visa bill for my replacement tweeters from Psb. Thats as good as I need.(presently)

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2579
Too funny Stu! That's what we audio types get for havin' high hopes..lol!

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 823
Had I known it would have that effect, I would have put the Sonus Faber Stradivari's on the list instead of the Mac. I'd love to see the look on the in-laws' faces when the salesman showed them a $40,000 price tag. Maybe I'll do that to my side of the family next year...

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2583
LOL !!!!

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 398
Got an Athena ASP4000 sub to replace my crappy KLH. Man what a difference!!! LFE and music bass is much more defined and tight. Wanted the HSU but I'm not complaining the Athena is a decent sub for the money, certainly much,much better than than the one I had!

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
Well Stu you were asking for $hits and giggles, sounds like that's what you got :-)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us