Pioneer Elite with Kef Uni-Q?

Bronze Member
Username: Rikizzy

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 13
Hello all,
I need some expert advise on this. I had my my set on Marantz SR7500 or SR8500 to go with my Kef's. They seem to be a pretty good match. But I just saw a Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX on sale at a very interesting price. My room is about 12 x 20.
What do you guys think? (also would like to know if it's musical)
Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

System is :
2 x Q3
2 x Q9C
2 x Q-Compact
HSU VTF3-MKII sub.

Bronze Member

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 14
sorry I didn't mean to put that little angry face to the subject, I don't know how it got there. And I don't know to edit it out.

Username: Ghislain

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I had the possibility to compare Monitor Aduio RS8 and KEF IQ7/9 (newer version of your Q's)yesterday with Pioneer VSX AX2, which I believe is similar to the Elite VSX 54TX.
To my ears this is a fantastic combination, the KEF IQ being rather warm sounding and the Pioneer very straight forward, really gives a very pleasant and overall warm sound without being over the top. The Pioneer really has a lot of power and drives the KEF's very well.

The major differences between Q and IQ are the airiness of the overall sound stage and the bass ability (better with IQ).
To me, definitly a very good sounding combination!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 610

If you want better sound quality go with the Marantz (8500) if you want more gadgets and gizmos go with the Pioneer.

However what you are building quite a bit of power for a small room. You can probably go down a bit and still get a lot of power. For example are you sure you need a VTF3? I have an STF-2 that I can't even pump up in a 25x30 room because it rattles the walls.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 166
Um stof, thats not really true.

Pioneer elite and Marantz are very similar in sonic quality and reproduction.

But yes the Pionner has more "stuff" with it aswell which is why I went with it over Marantz

Bronze Member

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 15
Stof
Thanks for your reply, I agree for the Marantz, but it is more expensive than the Elite, which is why I'm researching these models. I already have the VTF-3 and love it, I did demo both the STF and VTF side by side, and the VTF won. Also got it for almost the same price as the STF. And figured in the long run, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, might as well go for the bigger one, also it would avoid me of getting another bad case of "upgradidis" in a couple of years.

Eric
I also agree with you on what I have found out so far on the Elite, heard it with some Paradigm Studio 100, very good. A local dealer did agree to lend me an Elite to demo at home when I'm ready, so I'll give you my impressions then.

When I bought my Kefs, I audiotioned them with NAD and HK. The NAD was a clear winner for stereo. And I've heard the Marantz with the Kefs at another dealer too, sounded great. The Elite is the only one I haven't heard yet.

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 167
You'll like the laid back presentation that the elite will give your speakers.

Im using my 54tx with some overly bright JBL speakers and it is perfect, very warm, crisp, detailed and not fatiguing in any way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us